I just recently wanted to replace my response pads on a K2 Crystal I’ve been using for responsive tricks. To remove the tacky leftovers from the pads, I went in with cotton swabs, acetone, and a dream. Imagine my chagrin when I remembered what acetone does to Polycarbonate!
I was able to super glue new response pads in and it works as a responsive yoyo… for now!
I’m carefully considering my next plastic yoyo, likely a OOO or Speedaholic XX.
Welcome to the community! That’s an understandable (though unfortunate) mistake. I usually find a toothpick to work just fine, but for stubborn goop, a little Dawn and water are almost always a safe bet.
That’s a pretty tough way to find out. I think you’ll find the Shooting Star to be much nicer than the K2. Don’t got me wrong, the K2 ain’t bad, but there are others like the Shooting Star that far more skillfully craft the plastic. I’ve gotta say the polycarbonate 000 is a sweet looking throw.
I’ve been exploring several other online communities lately, and… let me put it this way: they’ve made me appreciate YYE all the more. From the admins & mods to the users who just joined this year, thank you all for making this forum one of the best places on the internet.
There is a discord, but it is mostly unused because instagram is the preferred way of communicating. I was going to send you a link for the Puget sound group, but it looks like @Kaylinity already connected with ya!
Hello, my name is Lydia. I am a college student in Arkansas and have taken an interest in yo-yoing. I’ve always loved learning new skills so I quickly latched on to this hobby. I bought a Duncan Torque from a local toy store about 6 months ago and have been hooked ever since. I have a running collection of around 35 yo-yos and am always looking for cool ones to add to my collection! I’m glad to be a part of this awesome community! I’ll attach a picture of my current collection.
hi im new here i just started yoyoing about 4 months ago
and im making great progress i have a horizon and shutter wide angle
(its my favorite throw)
so i now joined yoyoexpert because well everything yoyo
is fun now