Introduce Yourself! 2025

No doubt. I learned the DNA, so I can add that. Funny how things just click all of a sudden. I wasn’t planning to learn that yet, but the wife wanted me to. So yeah, made it a goal to learn before I had knee surgery last week, and can do it easy now. Pretty happy!

Yeah man. My first one ever was a s13 hatch, many many moons ago. $2000 and 100k miles. Loved that car, big regret selling it. My 2nd, which I still have, is a s14. I was the second owner. I don’t want to talk about how long I have owned that car for… ugh.

I have owned a plethora of others, including a vert s13, but I still am partial to my s14 and the s13 hatch. In 2019 I planned a trip for 2020 to go to Japan to buy a s15 and store it at my friends property until it became legal to import under the 25 year exemption. Unfortunately in January of 2020 my mom was diagnosed with the cancer she would end up fighting for 3 years until she went home to Heaven, and of course we all know what else happened in 2020 as well.

Trip never happened… and I won’t pay the current prices for a s15. I have owned enough s-chassis to know they aren’t worth 20k+ LOL.

1 Like

That’s how most would describe it, I think. They are small and heavy and hit much harder than Burst. See, we just got into this stuff the last year, but I did buy some old Burst stadiums and Beys for the family too… I like them, but X has us spoiled. It is very violent and fun. Just cool to shut your mind off for a bit and have 2 little pieces of metal smack each other around haha.

1 Like

Yoo, I’d love to see a slo mo vid sometime! That sounds so cool!

I can arrange for that! Give me a few days though, as I mentioned just had knee surgery so I ain’t doing much at the moment :-/

2 Likes

Ahhh I see, lovely that you have owned such cool cars, one dream of mine is to take a trip to japan to film drifting and touge on a camcorder, would be cool to film and visit places like oi wharf, tatsumi pa, and others. love those old videos and love the aesthetic. I love the YouTube channel NightRide witch also solidified the love of these cars and drifting, with the groups like Style Bangers and Next Level as well, which even though there all from Europe, Japanese style is always there. all lovely cars and styles, won’t forget to mention the friends that got me into cars as well while they all love racing and what not, I enjoy stance and slammed show cars as well as drifting more then anything, StyleOverSpeed my friends! (Sorry for the long post!)

Do it! The scene is changing a lot and slowly dying. When I started drifting, angle kits didn’t exist and the best we had was extended tie rods LOL.

Things have changed rapidly. Don’t wait to long to go film and see it in person, I worry about the scene as a whole! Unfortunately America getting legal imports basically ruined the Japanese used car market for drifting, it is entirely depleted and overpriced. It’s tough, events are smaller and smaller, tracks shutting down left and right. Sigh.

I hope you take the opportunity soon, I truly do! Drifting will forever be close to my heart, it is, I believe, my longest hobby and the one I am the most passionate about.

1 Like

Heck yeah!
My current deck is soar phoenix 1-60L, unicorn sting 9-60LO, & impact drake 4-60K. Still working out the kinks/proper launches.
I think I may already own more beys than yoyos…:sweat_smile: collector in me cant help it. Its such a blast

Hi! I’m Sarah (she/her). I used to play with yo-yos as a kid (my yo-yo golden years were circa ~2003-2006ish) and am thankful to have found my way home again a few months ago. Needless to say, a lot has changed! I am picking up pretty much right where I left off: enjoying the (new) Duncan Freehand and trying to make my double-or-nothings more consistent . . . while also dipping my toes into the world of 1A. I’m also spending time trying to develop my looping, which I find so elegant when done well. It’s all so new and exciting again, and I’m happy to be here!

15 Likes

welcome! also i like your pfp of Gretchen. i remember the yoyo episode of recess!

4 Likes

I’m Steve. Just picked up a yoyo for the first time in 30+ years. Can’t believe how far yoyo-ing has come since I was kid. Feeling overwhelmed looking at all the options. Got myself a Duncan Wheel for nostalgia (that’s the one I originally got from the Yoyo Man at school in the 90s lol). Grabbed a Butterfly XT and a YoyoKing Merlin. The Merlin is cool and I love the green color. I got a couple gold bearings from YoyoMagic and swapped out the Butterfly and now it gets great spin and is still responsive.

17 Likes

Welcome!!:folded_hands:

1 Like

What’s up guys! I used to throw around 2010-2013 timeframe and had a somewhat popular YouTube channel. After not touching a yo-yo for over 10 years, I recently found my old CLYW Gnarwhal in a box, threw it, and fell in love again. I’m super excited to be a part of the community again!

12 Likes

Welcome back!

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hey all ! I’m Aaron :canada: - New here and back at it after a 16 year break!

A few weeks ago my daughter came across a beat up and modded OG freehand while we were cleaning up boxes of old junk for a garage sale.

Fumbled my way through a couple quick front style tricks for her and now we’re both hooked. Picked up a plastic Offset Ascent for her ( she loves it) and a care package of bearings/strings/lube with a Luftverk 000 for myself - Absolutely amazed by these new throws.

13 Likes

I love that story. Welcome and it’s so awesome that your daughter is loving them with you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I have a Contrast, my favorite is Nine Dragons. I’m looking to expand my collection and I’m considering a Miracle or a Miracle’25. I’m wondering if anyone has any feedback about the difference between the Miracle and Miracle’25. The new G Force looks super fun as well.

I’m past the beginner phase but I’m not planning on signing up for any competitions any time soon…

yoyo is difficult but super satisfying when you land the tricks : )

4 Likes

I mean I like weird stuff so take that as you will but I think a recess hyper nova, Dressel nimbus, mk1 hd, or even a g2 loadout would be more interesting than anything yyf makes.

5 Likes

I think I have determined my favorite to be Caribou Lodge’s Glacier Express. It’s just the right size, and weight, and has a unique shape, just so fun to play

2 Likes

Nimbus has been my favorite recently. Has a nice blend of performance and feels.

Newer protos have been extremely solid too but they’re not available yet

1 Like