Introduce Yourself! 2025

Here’s some of the ones we’ve printed so far. Again, very basic.

13 Likes

Very nice and welcome to the forum. It’s great that you’re sharing time with your kids. You guys have made some nice looking throws. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hola.

I’m Matt, in my 30s from the :eagle: :united_states:.

I like drifting (cars), beyblades (yeah, don’t judge), family and God.

Returning to yo-yoing from my late adolescence, where I was the coolest kid on the block with a few yomegas. Yee.

I have recently gotten a decent collection, far exceeding my skill of around 2.5 tricks total. But whatever. I tend to spend money at times to get over losing my mom to cancer. The MOWL high wall was responsible for that, being it mad eme think of her with he art on the side. She always told me to see the best in everything. Luckily my wife and family keep that same energy in my life to carry on.

Happy to be here!

Current collection features Duncan, Yomega, MOWL, iYoYo, Yoyofriends, Yoyofactory and RCS. I will post pictures on the collection thread soon. Plan to add a One Drop in the future because I Love MiUSA stuff as well as more MOWL. Maybe c3 as well.

9 Likes

So glad to have you! As a car enthusiast myself I gotta ask: what car is your favorite? Was into Beyblades for a bit, my brothers play with them more than I do, lol. Yo se que Dios vivé!

Yes! Drifting is awsome! Sorry about your loss, Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Sorry about your mom. What 2.5 tricks do you know?

I have owned s-chassis for ~20 years. Have owned several, my main baby I have kept since I was 16 is a s14 with a built / forged sr20det. It’s rotting in the garage at the moment, haven’t had a lot of motivation to touch it lately.

I was working on another (s13), but some people vandalized it. It was dedicated to my mom, and they ruined it. I sold it a while back. Sucks.

What about you?

Edit: is there a way to multi-quote (have multiple quotes in one reply?) Lol.

5 Likes

Thank you.

Haha, prepare for this epic list:

  • Rock the Baby
  • Eiffel Tower
  • “Yo” (turn the Eiffel Tower upside down)
  • Elevator
  • Walk the Dog

I know, nationals 2026 here I come!!!

I really just enjoy the act of yoyo-ing. Learning to Bind a little bit ago on unresponsive was cool, I enjoy my metal play with one of my Mowl and the differences in it and plastic. I really like iYoyo Shooting star so far just as an overall awesome yoyo.

I downloaded the app from Yo Tricks (I hope it’s ok to mention them) so I am expanding my horizons on tricks soon, wife is also doing it (she never really yoyo’d much before this).

Edit: I screwed up the quoting here, my bad.

Edit 2: Fixed the quoting now! Yay!

5 Likes

if the PFP wasn’t a giveaway, I’m partial to Corvettes, especially C7s, however I’m not one of those guys that’s a diehard for whatever brand/engine/origin. I currently own an M35x (my first car). I intend to actually learn more about not just working on cars, but designing them, when I get to college next fall.

I think just copying and pasting quotes should work fine. It’s always what I do.

Yes. This will get you going quite well indeed.

1 Like

sorry to hear that your s13 got vandalized that really sucks, it’s super cool that it was dedicated to your mom, s13/180sx is my favorite and dream car out of the silvia family, lovely looking car imo when it’s styled and done however.

1 Like

It’s all about having fun. We all start with the basics. The basics are loads of fun! If I was more coordinated and put in more time trying to learn I would be way more advanced but I am just happy knowing I’m a little bit better than I was a year ago. Have a great day!

4 Likes

Hi all. I got really into yoyos in highschool, but haven’t done much since 2014. I’ve suddenly picked my old ones back up and have been having a blast! My favorite yoyo that is still going strong is the Summit. I’d be curious what has changed in the last 10 years?

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I can tell you what hasn’t changed in the last 10 years… the Summit is still a very highly regarded yo-yo.

2 Likes

Mine still plays beautifully.

2 Likes

Yo I don’t know how far away you are from Chicago, but we have a great yoyo club here! Definitely try to make a meet if possible! You can find the info on our club instagram (next meet is july 27th)

All skill levels and ages are welcome! There’s some kids that come sometimes and I think the youngest that has came was 10 if you want to bring the kids.

Just want to make sure you know we have a club here that tries to meet once a month. Hope y’all can make it sometime!

3 Likes

Welcome! Scrolling and spotted your bey icon! Just got into bbx a few months ago myself.

2 Likes

Eyyyyy, yep BBX is my first foray into Beyblades (thanks to the kids) and I have had a blast with it. Cool and fun! What is your favorite Bey? I am pretty partial to Dran Buster, Impact Drake and Xeno Excaliber. That probably my most exciting deck. I will say though that when I use Cobalt Dragoon 1-60 Elevate that thing SLAPS competitively for some reason haha.

That might be the nerdiest paragraph I have typed in a while, hope it isn’t info overflow LOL.

1 Like

Waiiiit, did Beyblade make a TCG or something?

Haha no, BBX is the current iteration (Beyblade X), smaller and uses metal (compared to plastic gen prior). There are 3 peices to customize, so you can mix them up for competitive advantages. They also added a “X Rail” which allows for dashes on the outside as the teeth on the rail lock into the bit teeth and propel it forward.

Honestly, even as an adult… it’s quite fun and relatively simple for something just relaxing and cool to play.

1 Like

So, I’m guessing it’s like the metal series and the burst series had a baby? The tops I have are from Turbo, Rise, Surge, and my personal favorite: Pro Series Achillies