Introduce Yourself! 2023

Yeap it definitely is! Even 3A can’t hold a candle to how difficult 2A is. I’m glad that you’re enjoying it though, it’s really the only thing that will keep you going considering how frustrating 2A can be at times.

Welcome Jay,
I know it’s far away from where you live but you should check out the German National Yoyo Championship in Leipzig! Deutsche Yo-Yo Meisterschaft 2023 – GYYA – Yo-Yo Vereinigung Deutschland e.V.
@Kray you too

2 Likes

Schon viele Jahre her das ich das letzte mal dabei war. Nicht ganz mein Ding ehrlich gesagt. Aber wenn der Jay auch Bock hat Evtl mal rauf düsen.

1 Like

@YoYoMa1
Yeah, I actually totally should. I always have been curious how these kind of events go down. I guess I‘d be overwhelmed to suddenly seeing so many Yoyo enthusiasts at one place. I‘m usually not so much into competing and judging performance. But on the other hand I can see how players pushing themselves to putting together a routine gives us all inspiring tricks to see and emulate. I‘m also a bit worried to going through isles of stands offering throws. Budget-wise this would going to be one hell of a trip :sweat_smile: But yeah, I guess it’s a as must to experience such an event at least for once.
@Kray
I can totally imagine going on a weekend Yo-Yo trip together. Should be fun.

2 Likes

Only beginner yoyos for people who don’t play yoyo are being sold there. The contest is held at a toy fair, the Modell Hobby und Spiel, where there are also tons of people who don’t yoyo.

Absolutely😄

5 Likes

Haha :joy: Seriously though? Do I have to perform a trick at the stand to be granted buying a Yo-Yo or is it mandatory to be a contestant?

1 Like

Haha no no no
There is a small stand selling yoyos but those are only beginner yoyos aimed towards people who don’t know how to yoyo. They sell yoyos like the yoyofactory one. Anyone can buy yoyos there.

4 Likes

Sup! I’m Ben. I’ve known how to yoyo for around two years but I only began to take it seriously a month ago. My favorite trick is probably the Kwijibo and my favorite throw, by far and away, is my C3 Hydrogen Crash.

I found the forums here after searching for info about the PNWR and I love it here already. Happy throwing!

15 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Hope you’ll stick around!

2 Likes

Hello I am just a very late refugee from the YYN forum days. Started throwing when I had a knee injury and couldn’t skate. My good friend lent me this M1 which I later bought and still use to this day. Yes it is still smooth.
Just getting back to it after only throwing a few times a year with plans of teaching my niece and my own kids.

16 Likes

Welcome Back

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you back in the hobby! That M1 looks sick!

1 Like

Furthering my reintroduction, back on the YYN forums I flipped some delrin by modding and dying. Forgive the old potato phone quality as these are the oldest pics I have remaining and I can only find pics of one dye job I did. I think it was a big yo but not sure anymore. If anyone has this please let me know, I would love to see a higher res pic.

Also I apparently invented the candy dice wrap around counterweight. Got told my daily use counterweight wouldn’t work. Proof of prior art to follow.

I traded/sold off a few other dye jobs but it was so far back I can only really remember a rainbow splatter that was supposed to be coming through black but ended up as a chocolate brown. A legacy i think.

14 Likes

That dye job is incredible! That is some truly great work that you do!

1 Like

Welcome.

You are not alone, there are other “refugees” from the Nation here…

The tricks have evolved.
The throws are more advanced.
But the throw is, as it always had been.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

8 Likes

Hello!
Im from South Korea, and I’m happy to join this forum. I like turning point yoyos like hinemosu, mustang. Thx!

16 Likes

@Younglife12 Welcome! I recognise you from yoyodong on naver hahah. Glad to see more Koreans in foreign forums :smiley:

4 Likes

Try a search inside of this category. There’s a pretty good presence up here in the Northeast. Yo-yo expert is in Massachusetts. Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Yo! My name is Henry and I bought a 5$ Duncan Butterfly XT on a whim after seeing Shu Takada on AGT. I couldn’t stop throwing it and accidentally upgraded to an unresponsive yoyo. I was like, “well, I guess I’ll learn to bind” and it was on—I’m hooked!

My favorite throws are the yoyofriends Nucleon and OD Panorama and my favorite trick element is the ripcord. Thanks to all y’all here! This forum’s archive has been super helpful for finding answers to my early questions.

17 Likes

A big welcome to new members here!

3 Likes