Introduce Yourself! 2023

It sure is, thank you Cody.

1 Like

Hello all.
My name is Morten. I am an old gent (67 mod.) that has just re-discovered yoyo playing when I just found my old Tom Kuhn yoyo collection in the back of a closet. I have not played with a yoyo at all for more than 10 years so I consider myself totally noob and have to re-learn everything. I am a responsive yoyo player and my favorite yoyos is the Cold Fusion gt and the TK SB-2. I look forward to get into yoyo playing again and I have already put in an order for a RBC yoyo from YYE to try out some modern responsive yoyo play.
(here we go down the rabbit hole again…)

Cheers
Morten

18 Likes

Hey Morten! I love responsive and I’m happy to see you getting back into it. I bet that TK has some good memories spun into it. Welcome a’board!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Started to throw in 2022. Have way more throws than I know how to use or what to do with, but it’s been fun learning. Someone give me a simple trick challenge. I can only do some basics and would like to find a trick off of a breakaway into man on a trapeze (or whatever it’s called).

5 Likes

next step from trapeze you can go to trapeze brother and then to brother slack which is a bit harder. for a really hard challenge if you are new, kwyjibo.

4 Likes

Welcome.

I am in a similar situation. Started in November.

Yoyo Acquisition Disorder (YAD) hit me hard initially. Now I have several throws just sitting on a shelf waiting for my skills to catch up.

Have fun.

3 Likes

Hey! Just got my first yoyo yesterday! It’s a OD Diorama. Figuring out binds and a couple mounts, but a long ways to go. Also would like to grab some more throws :slight_smile:

14 Likes

that’s a heck of first yoyo! enjoy.

4 Likes

Thanks, I got one from the OD mystery box!

Also came with an Intro I’m hoping my buddy can use to practice with me.

3 Likes

Don’t disregard that Intro! One of the best One Drops in my humble opinion.

And welcome!

5 Likes

True, if anything probably should use it more as it feels a bit simpler which matches my skills :laughing:

2 Likes

Is there a proper thread of looking for people in your area? I’m in Delaware. Looking to meet people to learn throwing.

2 Likes

I saw a separate thread about a new website. It has a map of yoyo clubs and people with contact info. Letme see if I can find it. Its fairly new however, so not to many people are on there.

3 Likes

Im not sure if this is the correct way to link to another thread. But here is the link.

4 Likes

Keep at it! 2A is really difficult to learn and get into. I took about 3 months to get alternating loops down so don’t fret if you don’t get it!

4 Likes

It’s definitely the hardest style I’ve tried but I’m honestly enjoying it :joy: I’m reaching one month doing nothing but alternate loops and it’s still not clean and I still can’t catch them with both hands :joy:

2 Likes

Hey Morten - welcome aboard!

3 Likes

Yeap it definitely is! Even 3A can’t hold a candle to how difficult 2A is. I’m glad that you’re enjoying it though, it’s really the only thing that will keep you going considering how frustrating 2A can be at times.

Welcome Jay,
I know it’s far away from where you live but you should check out the German National Yoyo Championship in Leipzig! Deutsche Yo-Yo Meisterschaft 2023 – GYYA – Yo-Yo Vereinigung Deutschland e.V.
@Kray you too

2 Likes