Introduce Yourself! 2023

Haha. I find that adult money makes having hobbies so much more fun. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Definitely made it easier almost felt like picking up where I left off, messing around with 2a now and those alternating loops are HARD

3 Likes

It’s been like OHH THATS SHINY

1 Like

Hey Yoyoexpert Forum Community,

I’m Jay and I live in Germany. I’m glad I finally made it here. I’m following this forum for a while now but never made an account because I’m not very much into social media or into having an online presence. Since I spent so much time here in the past as a spectator it feels like I should introduce myself properly. Back in the days I was pretty much into Skateboarding (Flatland/Freestyle) and found great joy in inventing tricks and lines. When I became older and less healthy I started to injure myself pretty often which finally ended in having to give up my favorite sport. I had some toy Yo-Yos (mostly giveaways) as a kid and learned the basics like throwing it, the Eifel Tower, Walk the Dog and stuff but never really got into it. I actually don’t know why I stopped playing because I had great fun with it. I guess at some point I just found myself stuck in a dead end because I had no material (no internet back in the days) to learn new tricks and since I wasn’t aware of any community and Yo-Yoing also hasn’t been hyped in Germany as in other parts of the world I just stopped playing at some point. After laying down the Skateboard I figured I need something else that shares similar traits. What I liked in Skating was having to hone my skills, being able to invent my own tricks and getting flowy with them, being able to do it by myself but also being able to share this sport/hobby/passion with a community. About six years ago I found a Henrys Lizard in a toy store and thought to myself to give it a try. And what shall I say…I was hooked immediately. Since then there hasn’t been a day for me without Yo-Yoing. In somebodies post on this forum I read something like ‘With Yo-Yoing you never have nothing to do anymore’. This perfectly describes what Yo-Yoing brought into my life (especially because my grandmother taught me that there is no such thing as boredom). I’m also very much into collecting stuff (like Vinyls and MOTU and Streetfighter Actionfigures) so becoming interested in throwing I also immediately started collecting Yo-Yos. I have to admit that I pretty much went overboard with it at this point so in the near future I guess I will be posting some throws on the BST (although it hurts even thinking about it).

I’m mostly playing 1a but I also have taken a liking to 0a. Shapewise I mostly enjoy powerful organic throws, Slimelines and more undersized Yo-Yos. Thinking about which throw would be my favorite it is hard to pinpoint one because there a so many great throws with beautiful aesthetics and great performance out there. In every category I like there are several throws I could name. But if someone were to say I have to name one at the top of my head I’d say the Pdx-Yo Batsquatch 7068.

That’s it for now I guess but I think I will be sharing more about me through future post on this forum. Also feel free to ask me about what interests you about what I wrote. I’m looking forward to being a member of this forum. I found that the Yo-Yo community and especially this forum community is so very welcoming, engaging, supportive, polite and friendly which is the main reason why I finally made an account which is also my only forum account over all. I also want to take this opportunity to thank Yoyoexpert, its whole staff and especially André Boulay. You guys always have been so supportive in the past and a reliable source for everything Yo-Yo. Although I always considered myself being pretty much isolated in being someone who enjoys Yo-Yoing I felt a sense of community through Yoyoexpert and this forum. Thank you!

15 Likes

Hello Jay!!
Welcome, now properly! In here you find yourself in a family, and like a family, if you spend enough time you will have some arguments, but in the end, it’s all good and love!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums from Pennsylvania in the USA!

3 Likes

Hey Hey,
thanks for welcoming me. I followed some back and forths on this forum, but it’s exactelly as you said. In the end I never had the impression that there were any hard feelings what so ever.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I’m really looking forward to my time on this forum.

2 Likes

Hey @Thruwell / Jay Servus cool noch ein Münchner!
Willkommen :smile:

3 Likes

Hey @Kray,
habe die Ehre :wink:

3 Likes

@Kray
Du sag mal, weißt du ob es in München auch einen Yo-Yo Club gibt bei dem man sich in persona trifft?

In English: Do you know if there is a Yo-Yo Club in Munich where people do meet in person?

2 Likes

I will send you a private message to not flood the thread.

3 Likes

Nice :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Hey! Glad to be on this forum! Found here a lot of useful info and want to learn more here with all of you

6 Likes

Freundliche Grüße! Totally get what you mean about getting stuck in the pre-Internet days. I thought Rubik’s cubes were the most annoying wastes of time ever. Now that there are so many tutorials on how to solve them that I can watch over and over again, in slow motion, it’s so much easier and more rewarding. Lots of parallels there with yoyo.

2 Likes

Hey Hey, beste Grüße zurück!
Yeah, the Rubiks Qube is a perfect example. I just recently learned how to solve it. And now it‘s pretty much demystified…but still a lot of fun and satisfying.

1 Like

Whats up everyone,
I’m Jason out of Augusta GA. I just got into yoyoing about a month ago and I really enjoy it. I have a little yoyo experience when I was a kid in the 90s living on Guam, there was a Professional who came to my school (wish I knew his name) and put on a yoyo show that has stuck with me to this day. It had to be around year 1992/1993. After the show he gave out some Coca Cola yoyos which was pretty cool. I was lucky enough to get one and learned the basics like the sleeper and rock the baby. Yoyos have always had a special place in my heart, and I am glad I found my way back to the string at age 38. My wife bought me a YYF DNA for Xmass, but I recently purchased from YYE a Plastic Fulvia, Ice Berg, and a Diffraction v3! I am still learning the basics of unresponsive play and paying my dues. I got a couple bruises on the head already from learning the trapeze!

16 Likes

Hey @Jason671, nice to meet you. I also just joined recently and it’s already a blast being here. Have a great time.

5 Likes

Hello All,

A lot has changed from when I was throwing a fireball in the late 90’s at Middle School, recently bought my son a Groov for Christmas and it sparked up my interest again. We immediately grabbed some Plastic Fulvia’s and we haven’t been able to put them down! It has been a great bonding experience and we love learning new tricks together. Joined the forum to get up to speed and check out all the great throws that are on the market.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

• Ryan
17 Likes

Welcome.

Isnt it great how we can relive past experiences through the excitement and wonder of our Children?

Have Fun

3 Likes