I'm really enjoying my new DV888

I would say first metal instead if beginner, but other than that I 100% agree.

2 Likes

It doesn’t play at all like it’s centerweighted.

For a 50mm diameter yoyo, It’s super poweful.

1 Like

Outside of yoyos that are made by people that don’t know yoyos… LIKE THE OOCH… what are some bad yoyos?

People that say the dv888 is a good or even decent yoyo, I think they’ll say anything is decent.

@Glenacius_K you said you expected the dv888 to be really bad but was actually impressed. I’m not sure why you thought it was going to be astronomically horrible. It was designed by a company that has experience with yoyos, it’s obviously not going to die after 10 seconds or completely flip around when you’re doing tricks.

The dv888 isn’t complete utter garbage. But the problem is comparing it to literally any other yoyo designed by people that are in the yoyo scene. I can’t think of anything that’s worse except for extremely cheap plastics or minis.

I don’t think the dv888 is complete trash that’s unusable. I do think there’s basically no modern yoyo that’s worse. At really any price point. The dv888 isn’t worth it unless it’s like $12 imo.

1 Like

Ummm… perhaps because @codinghorror made it sound like it was the worst yoyo avaliable?

2 Likes

This is the problem, I gave it to Glen for free, so now it has infinite value from his viewpoint. It’s a divide by zero error. I have failed us all. :sob:

6 Likes

It kind of is though? What yoyo being sold right now is worse? This is actually a serious question.

You can name yoyos that are old and discontinued that are worse or yoyos that are made by people that don’t make yoyos like the beeboo. But outside of that what yoyo being sold today is worse than the dv888 that costs more than $15 and isn’t a novelty yoyo? Maybe some yoyo that nobody talks about that I’m not thinking of but not anything relevant

I don’t know. All I know is that I like it and it seems to work for me.

1 Like

See that’s all I’m saying. It’s fine that you enjoy it and find it fun. Everyone has their own preferences.

But objectively speaking, there’s really nothing on the market today that performs worse. You couldn’t even come up with one yourself.

This is worse and Beeboo did make it.15500504251491259259096806980730

3 Likes

The people that make those don’t know yoyos. Doesn’t really count. The Ooch is worse. The beeboo is worse. That’s because people that made those don’t know yoyos. Name a yoyo still being sold from YYE or another established retailer.

What on earth are you talking about?

They know enough to use standard hardware like size C centering bearings and 19mm response pads. They also seem to know that pushing the weight of the yoyo out to the rims is important.

You can’t just arbitrarily claim that they ‘don’t know yoyos’ when their yoyos include undustry standard parts and design.

1 Like

All I’m saying is they’re kind of a random Chinese company. They have basically no involvement with the yoyo community.

I’m just trying to see eachother’s point of view. I acknowledged the dv888 isn’t completely terrible. It’s a fine, functional yoyo that was made by an established yoyo company. Even if you don’t completely agree with me, I’m pretty sure you understood my question and what I was really asking. And I’ve asked this same question to other people before but nobody’s really given me a straight answer yet.

Is there really any modern yoyo, by a company that’s at least somewhat involved with the yoyo community, even if that just means being sold by a yoyo retailer like YYE, over $15, that’s being sold today, that isn’t super obscure or rarely talked about, and isn’t a novelty yoyo, that can’t trump the dv888? I don’t know how much more specific I can be.

Well the Draupnir is terrible. It’s awful for stalls and shoot the moons.

No I gotcha. It is the worst offering by a reputable company right now. It’s a seriously old design still being produced. As much as I enjoy the yoyo, I do believe it should probably be laid to rest.

2 Likes

Let’s stick this in to a Draupnir!
(Then it’s probably worse than the DV888)

3 Likes

Thank you. That’s all I was asking. I honestly just wanted to know if people that enjoy the dv888 really thought differently and considered it better than at least a handful of modern yoyos. I didn’t want to come off rude if I did but it’s just a little frustrating that nobody ever seems to give me a straight answer when I ask that question (even though I know in my mind that they’re avoiding the question because they know I’m right :wink: ).

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying the dv888 or any yoyo for that matter. It’s been years but I remember I actually liked playing with the Ooch when I had one even though it was pretty quirky. And it can be fun to play a challenging undersized yoyo here and there. Helps clean up technique too.

The Ooch is a truly horrid yoyo.

The bearing even flips you the bird when you try and clean it.

1 Like

You know why? Because the people that made it don’t know yoyos… I’m just sayin :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m going to have to disagree with that one.

2 Likes

Not sure if it counts, but id say the Duncan Pro Z is basically the worst yoyo ever.

2 Likes