If you were given $1000 to spend on yoyos and yoyo supplies, what would you spend it on?

Found this thread idea on reddit.

Just like the title says, if you were given $1000 to spend only on yoyos and yoyo supplies and had to spend it within a month, what would you buy? Also would your answer change if you were told you could never sell what you bought?

I would hunt down:

Fulvia BTM-R - $600?
2 Awoken Anubis - $400?

Expensive jojos because it’d be hard for me to ever justify spending that much on a yoyo with my own money. Meanwhile I can always buy ~$100 yoyos down the line.

4 Likes

BTM-R recently sold on the FB BST for as low as $300-$350

2 Likes

Get 200 imperials

8 Likes

Damb the BST really is dead

3 Likes

I’d just buy the one G2 throwers hawk that sold on eBay for 1k. That way I can save on shipping multiple items. I like to be frugal when buying 1000$ YoYos.

8 Likes

A black TiVayder (because I don’t have one)

Another raw TiVayder - I’d try to commission @jasonwongzero or gruntbull to anodize one of the raws

And with whatever’s left I’d buy fancy strings. I love the feel of high quality strings, right behind haircuts and new socks.

6 Likes

Lotta strings, the sf lineup, one of each

And the rest on yyf

1 Like

I suppose buying ~10 pre-Draupnir YYR would be cool too :thinking:

3 Likes

But for real though… I’m gonna change mine to:

• Sovereign
  • Markmont Project
  • Lab Experiment
  • Wooly Markmont
  • TiMantis
    One Drops Needed

1k might not be enough, but just maybe.

2 Likes

I would hunt down all the Unknown colabs

2 Likes

50/50 split between whips and B-grade dv888s. Use them to teach people new to the hobby.

7 Likes

I’d buy the last few design styles I want to try to nail down what I believe are my personal perfect yo-yo specs, and then I’d buy every yo-yo I can find that matches those specs.

Money on Moose to get to y’all

1 Like
  1. Cake
  2. Rum
  3. New Eyesight
  4. Rent
  5. Par Avion
  6. Couple of other throws by Iyoyo, CLYW, Sengoku (that wierd shaped one)
2 Likes

I have a long list of yoyos to add to my collection, so some of them I guess. Maybe a crate of thousand strings, some hundred pads, bearings, axles and flowable to last me a lifetime.

1 Like

Confirmed that @AndreBoulay is giving everybody $1,000 gift cards to use at yoyoexpert!?!

THANKS BUDDY!!

3 Likes

Would probably spend it on ALL the side effect types (only one color per type) and spend the rest on side effect yoyos that I am missing. I really wanna try all the different feelings a side effect can bring to a compatible yoyo.

1 Like

Is this a cop-out? Because a. I have more modern yoyos than I need to play (not for lack of trying), and b. 1 grand wouldn’t get me close to all three of these anyway lol.

25_1047_standard 25_1084_standard tom-kuhn-kreeger-sons-yo-yo-yo-yo_1_79755a034c3f5064a590af20e6bb111e

7 Likes

That top left one is absolutely beautiful!

1 Like

I’d probably put the money towards a CNC lathe and CAD software so I could make my own throws! Doubt the money would go that far though.

4 Likes