Fun hypothetical question

If you had $1k just pop into your wallet one day to spend ONLY ON YOYOS AND YOYO RELATED STUFF, what would you buy? If there’s a deeper meaning then “just because” then it’d be cool to add that too.

Edit:
Didn’t add this initially cuz, as we all know, this is a super important question and I needed time to come up with my answer lol. I’d get 2 miracles, another 2 autoscopies, a shutter evo, 10 pixel bearings, and finally a 100pk of yellow Sochi string xl which should leave me with like, -$10, but I mean, that’s a pretty small margin lol

6 Likes

As many of these as $1k gets me

10 Likes

How many butterfly would that get me?

Honestly 1k I would drop on some other skill toy stuff kendama, deadeyes, knuckle rollers, etc however I would probably also buy some more absurd yo-yos. Heavy, odd shapes and concepts like the yofo and such.

Ohh I would probably buy the rest of the dif e yo collection. You know silly things if I got 1k to blow.

Realistically any extra money would go to bills…

5 Likes

Well I think that gets me every FH I want, pretty much every Klondike colorway that’s available now or that we know of, I think I’m pushing it at that point but maybe throw me some CWs, obviously string, lube etc

3 Likes

I would offer it up for any mint Dri-YWET

2 Likes

Maybe id by 1 or 2 yoyos around the 100 mark but probably just spend most of the 1k on strings.

4 Likes

i’d sell my kidney for that cyan one

3 Likes

I’d cop

coglite ($100)
Mono Pheasant ($50)
Seiji ($125)
Grasshopper GTX 2 ($80)
Genesis 2023 ($50)
Miracle ($160)

The rest can go to spare bearings, pads, strings, and a case.

3 Likes

If you hypothetically were going to drop that much cash on yoyo in a single go, I would’ve assumed everybody would be offering it all up as a crazy offer to get some collection grails

Get some Anti-Yo, get a cool OG Peak, get a Canvas, get a titanium. Something that would never normally be obtainable for you because of a prohibitive price. Whatever yoyo you wanted as a kid, but couldn’t afford for retail as a child, and now has an aftermarket price you can’t justify spending on an old yoyo as an adult.

5 Likes

4x Hades
DaVinci

2 Likes

get a pair of the secret new yyr… a couple magnolgias… 10 nsk bearings and string on whatever is left

3 Likes

I would get the following yoyo’s
2 unity affinity
1 edge beyond.
2 yyfr paragraph
1 yyfr shortcut
1 edge
1 Duncan gtr

1 iyoyo/throwback 4a yoyo
Get a yyf flight on sale for 15

2 pair of Blitz ball looping yoyo
1 pair of yjyoyo paranoia

100 pack alphaline
100 pack of p44 looping string
100 normal string
1 pack of Hollywood yoyo’s response pads and bearings

I would have $300 left over for future yoyo’s

3 Likes

That’s a lot of strings

2 Likes

For 1k could probably corner the market in small batch boutique string for a bit.

4 Likes

Okay okay…serious, actual answer:

Am I starting from scratch? If so…

• 1 BBB Klondike
  • 1 28S Klondike
  • 1 Rewind Klondike (or a silver one if one ever comes out)
  • 1 GTR-JS
  • 1 IQ
  • 1 Spotlight Ultra
  • 1 Dopamine
  • 1 Hybrid Fulvia
  • 1 Plastic Fulvia
  • 2 Loop 720s
  • 1 FH1

That’s about ~$940 in yoyos (retail but pre-tax, I ain’t about to calculate tax rn lmfao), with the leftover dough I’d grab an NSK Platinum and some Sochi Fat string.

If I’m not starting from scratch/am just adding on to my existing collection:

• 1 BBB Klondike
  • 1 Rewind Klondike
  • 1 Tiffany Mint Klondike

Would use the rest ($600ish) for a Canvas or Magnum.

7 Likes

I’d get a flight (or part of a flight, with how prices are) to Worlds some year

5 Likes

Off of the BST:

• YYR Wonder
  • TP Aster

Supplementary gear:

• GoPro for filming tuts

Equipment:

• 2 packs of OT Normal 100 count
  • 3 Packs of Kitty FC 100 count
  • 2 packs of P44 String
  • 3 DS Plats
  • 100 count Bulk bearings
  • Bulk 19mm pads
3 Likes

I want one of those zgrt backpacks, maybe some really old Duncan’s and a Flores. But I think it would be fun to buy a ton of beginner yo-yos and give them away to every kid in my sons school.

5 Likes

I’d buy in-person yoyo lessons so I could advance. New yoyos and strings and bearings won’t help me or make me happier at all.

5 Likes

I’d prob just get 2-3 throws I’ve parted with over the years and miss (spyy, anti-yo, clyw?).
OR on the off chance I could find an Aspen No Jive, that’d be a no brainer.

5 Likes