Birthday Yoyos?

I have 200 to spend on yoyos during my birthday? Ive never had this much to use and im super excited. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Many aren’t sure if I’m a new thrower or not. Just letting you guys know I have been yo-yoing for 2 years so Im pretty seasoned :slight_smile:

Don’t just impulse buy. Find something you like, and if there’s nothing now, wait it out. There’s nothing wrong with saving your money for a few months.

id go for the most for the least amount of money… or try the stuff that you wanted to try…

I suggest getting 2-3 yoyos instead of just 1 expensive one. If you can find 2 at around $85 each you’d have enough to buy a 100 pack of string and lube. One Drop makes some amazing throws under $100.

Personally what I would do is go and buy 1 “expensive yoyo” that is 100- 150 and then use the rest for buying practice or beater yoyos.

BST, you can get some stuff for way under retail. BUT, sometimes there are just shiny new ones you gotta try.

My advice, BST hunt for the dream throw(s). Find it/them, and then use your left overs for either yoyos you are just curious about and can afford, or string/bearings/etc…

I would recommend you use it to buy me a really nice yo-yo, but you probably shouldn’t listen to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm… Well, you have 200. I think that the best thing that you can do with 200 is buy me that new clyw borealis that’s coming out. Yeah, that sounds right. ;D

Get a yoyofactory aluminium dream. Its a must such a great yoyo.

And you can get a recess weekend. To.

Aviator 2 that looks like my Avatar. You can save the rest.

1 Like

String.

1 Like

Are you a new thrower? If so, like some have said. Buy a nice yoyo under $100, 100 pack of decent strings(kitty’s or something), thin lube(assuming you want an unresponsive) and then a beater to practice on or take out. You can really sick yoyos under $100. YYF and OD make some truly phenomenal throws for really great prices. If you do spend all your money on a expensive throw, make sure to do good research.

Also as stated above, bst is great if you’re smart on it. You can find some really great stuff on there for cheap prices. That’s where I do most of my shopping.

The magic conch shell says “do nothing”.

Don’t listen to people, that’s step one. Step two. Do a lot of research on the yoyos you already have and what it Is you like about them. Note their shape, size, and spin time. Than take a look around in the shop and do some comparing and pricing of yoyo’s you feel like you really want. Go for what you feel is something you know you really want. Don’t go for yoyo’s that people tell you to buy. Because every player has their own preference, and your no different. You know what you like and don’t like. and When you go from there, You will know just the yoyo to buy. or even yoyo’s since you got quite the bit of money to spend.

What are you trying to say? Are we fools?

You are saying do research.

Ok.

So what he will do is open the yoyo pic and see it for 2 days and while thinking will this spin long? Is this comfortable? Is this stable? Lol

Only the people who have tried it can tell.

Now you are looking for string testers. Why?

Because people can review them and then other people cab read it and buy it.

I’m done. Lol.

See what i did there.

This is a fair point. Obviously recommendations are great so you can get an idea of some good options, but when push comes to shove you have to buy a yoyo that you truly want to get. If you buy a yoyo you don’t really want to just because people say it’s good, you might find it collecting dust in a few weeks.

The best thing really is to go through the yoyos on here and draft a shortlist of ones that you like the look of. Then post the list here and ask people’s opinions. At least that way you wont have people suggesting yoyos that you don’t actually have any interest in.

That being said, whilst we are giving recommendations:  :stuck_out_tongue:

Currently my favourite metal yoyo, and decently priced (although the solids are out of stock unfortunately). :slight_smile:

I’d personally go down the “buy 2 $100” yoyo route rather than “buy 1 $200”. Variety is the spice of life, and a hefty price tag does not automatically a fantastic yoyo make…

Still, your money so do as you wish. :smiley:

Maybe a yoyo, bulk string, bearings, lube, a yoyo hipster, and a multi tool.

That’s a good idea. You’re gonna need lots of string. Never hurts t stock up on the small things.

I would also recommend against impulse buying. Take your time, read up on the yoyos you are interested in and if you have the opportunity, go to a meetup or club in your area. All the players I have met have been willing to let other players try out their throws. See if you can get a little play time in to see what you really want.

I would also agree that you should probably not just jump at what others tell you to buy. I could recommend several that I love, but they may be totally wrong for your play style.

I’d recommend Yoyofficer yoyos, kitty string, or werrd Irony JP-X ( or all of the above) but it all really depends on what you want.

Just saying, the iYoyo Steel looks sweet…