If you got to design a yo-yo

If you were able to design your own yo-yo (Signature model) what would be different and why?
I would make mine in between a OD deep state and Tom Kuhn silver bullet in shape. A more organic deep state. But unresponsive and titanium. Pocket friendly, comfortable, and built like a tank. That would be mine.

And if you have already made something, show it off.

6 Likes

That sounds like an SB-TI

4 Likes

Something light and huge with flat rims!

7 Likes

yoyo design 1

I am still unsure about measurements since I just whipped this up, but this is a design I’ve been thinking of for a while. Something with slight grooves to accommodate fingers but not interfere with play (too much). I’m also not sure how common this type of design is, but I’d probably name this something stupid like “wingman” or “birb claw”

2 Likes

I have a question so what yoyo is that because I’m a fan of flat rims to also what’s the price

2 Likes

Thank you for being interested in this design! It’s a design I had been working on, called JUJI.

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/shurikenyoyos-juji/335082

Still need to figure out the costs before pricing it, but it should be similar to the price of a YYF Element

3 Likes

Yes, that’s pretty much it. My wife would kill me. But maybe someday

1 Like

When will they be out?

1 Like

Aiming to release on the last week of April!

1 Like

Looks similar to the Noctu, with the concave cuts. I really like the look.

1 Like

Mine would probably be really boring. Typical competition throw. I’d try to make it more interesting ofc, but it would most likely turn out generic

1 Like

Thanks, I just checked and the Noctu does look similar. That was unintentional on my part :sweat_smile:, but I do think concave cuts make a yoyo more interesting

1 Like

Once upon a time. These were mock-ups I did for a contest. I’ve smoothed things out since then and made it less likely to catch the string. Thin walls, some center weight, lots of rim weight.

![YOV2 v2|690x388]

5 Likes

A wooden yoyo with a metal rim. Don’t guess you could call it bi-metal. Wonder what the metal rim would do for spin.

6 Likes

Interesting concept! :thinking:

1 Like

Make it! I’ll get one

1 Like

I agree. I don’t know how it would make it perform, but definitely looks cool. I hope they make more Noctu’s. I completely missed out on that one.

Love the look! I think it should have a bell :bell: related name.

I’ve been curious about that since I saw a bi metal.

1 Like

I would design it exactly like the Magic Y-03 Hertz. The perfect throw compared to the elite throws.

2 Likes