If You Could Design Your Signature Yoyo

You really like the top deck? I’ve never tried one

But isn’t the point of a signature throw to be what the professional wants and thrives at? Like- here’s a yoyo shape I made a few prototypes and this is the one I destroy at…?

I’m all in when we finish up our projects!

2 Likes

I just wanted a sOMEThING Slasher in TiSS version.

When I asked/looked around for recommendations for my first One Drop, the Top Deck seemed to be regarded as their best. As I progress as a player, it continues to impress me with how good it is. It’s exactly what I want in a yoyo. No signature needed.

3 Likes

I had designed a crazy bell shaped yo-yo a while back. If I had the wherewithal to produce it I would tweak the design and throw a ton of weight towards the rims. Bimetal, then Ti. Blasted finish for grinds and vapor wave splashes.

2 Likes

That’s interesting

i have no idea what i want in a sig.

7 Likes

What are some of your favorite yoyos?

For me if I had to design a signature throw, I would probably go with an small to midsized hybrid organic. Try to bring my love of old school yoyojams into a modern setting

1 Like

Undercut titanium bimetal.
52 mm wide. 52 mm diameter.

58 grams.

HEAVY blast.

Hubstacks.

5 Likes

I would want one made of brass so it produces a pleasing ring when inadvertently struck against a boney point on the body. Preferably a very loud pleasing ring to mask the burst of profanity that inevitably follows.

String gap would have to be wide enough to admit a crochet hook for undoing knots easily. Ideally several crochet hooks would be included in the packaging since they would get lost easily.

Also included in the packaging would be a color-coordinated mouth guard and some super dope elbow pads.

Ivan

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damian Puckett is releasing a new batch of Duality next week. It achieves much of what you describe in this post, you may want to try and grab one

1 Like

Bimetal with dummy thicc SS rims. 7068 body. V-shape. Raw. Grooved Bearing. Not very wide. Weight should be around 63.5gms.
I feel like I m basically describing MK1 Converge here lmao

1 Like

For performance, I would want to make an inexpensive monometal that combined design aspects of the Spin Dynamics Alter Ego and the Unprld recognition. I would keep the diameter somewhere between 55 and 56.5 and keep the width 45 to 47 mm wide. I would want it to have the stability and spin time of the recognition, with the maneuvarability, float and change of speed of the Alter Ego. I don’t know if that is possible but if it is it would be awesome.

Honestly it could end up looking like the Japan technology 2020 Mirage that I have shipping from Japan as we speak.

For fun, I would like a slightly undersized 52-54 mm diameter yoyo with at least 43 mm in diameter. With an interesting V,W,H typish shape with a lot of midweight but still maintained decent spin time and stability. It would need to be floaty as can be and super maneuverable.

2 Likes

Bro I relate

1 Like

You prefer grooved bearings?

Slimline stainless PV44. The pv44 is my favorite overall yo-yo for performance, feel, and looks. Slimlines have always been favorites of mine and I assume a stainless yo-yo would be stronger for less worrying about pocket carry. I’m sure titanium would be stronger but that’s too expensive.

5 Likes

Undersized (sub 50mm, not the usual 50-54mm range) H-shaped yoyo with outer bimetal rims for that stability and also rainbow rims!

Diameter 45mm, width 35mm and weight 50-55g.

1 Like