I Like Loud Throws and I Cannot Lie

I like yo-yos that make noise. I especially like the metallic sort of ringing that certain metal ones make when they spin but I also like the snarly screaming sound of a dry bearing. I see reviewers talking positively about how quiet a yo-yo is and I lose some interest in that yo-yo.

If someone made a brass throw that actually amplified the bearing noise or produced a nice ring when struck, I’d probably spend more than I should to get one.

Anybody else weird like that? Or have any other unorthodox or arbitrary attributes that you judge a throw by?

Ivan

8 Likes

You should get a Ti Krown in that case. It really sings… But for this reason i couldn’t play with it for longer than 30 mins every time.

2 Likes

The three loudest yoyos I’ve thrown are the Madhouse Epic (sounds like a frikkin cougar), the Duncan Magnetude, and the OFFSETyoyo TOFU.

I personally love the sound of a floaty Ti with a dry bearing. Let 'em sing!

4 Likes

Get a 9-Dragons from YYF. They scream like a banshee!

7 Likes

For you, I’d recommend the Basecamp Sherpa. It’s the loudest throw I own by a long shot. The hollow body really amplifies the sound of a dry unresponsive bearing.

2 Likes

BSP sings nicely, Tinman also a great backup singer. Ti Peak also really nice.
I like to hear my machine’s make some noise. Let’s me know there working.

2 Likes

There is nothing louder in my collection than the madhouse epic. That thing SCREAMS

2 Likes

whats about vibey throws ? is that okay or is it anoying for you

What makes some yoyos louder than others? My iceberg screams

1 Like

My YYF Protostar sounds like a blender on high blending glass and rocks

2 Likes

I’d suspect that the bearing provides the source for the noise but the yo-yo’s body must affect the timbre and resonance. Kinda like how a clarinet and a saxophone have similar reeds but sound totally different due to their shape and material.

@LDTravel_yoyo06 I prefer minimal vibe but a little doesn’t bother me as long as it grinds nicely and looks cool!

Thanks all so far for the suggestions!

Ivan

5 Likes

did you ever saw the video were evan nagao talks about the weirdest thinks he does? he talks about that he dings his throws on purpose so they get vibey before a competition like that he feels how fast the turning speed is so he doesnt get a restart just for not feeling that his throw is nearly diying

3 Likes

I too have often wondered this. How come my YYR Triad hisses like a viper and my YYR Diffusion (both plastic; and same response) is quiet as a mouse? It is not the bearing itself. It is the bearing interacting with the yo-yo; but that is as far as I have got…

1 Like

Yeah I just can’t seem to figure it out

You haunt my nightmares

3 Likes

You should also try hybrid ceramic bearings
I too like loud bearings. Sounds like wild electricity

2 Likes

I feel like plastic is not as rigid as aluminum so it absorbs the vibrations of the bearing and creates more noise. Just my theory on why plastic is generally more loud and vibey

But my c3 speedaholic xx is dead silent?

Mine is quiet but still reverberates when thrown. I’ve never had a plastic that I can play without my wife knowing about it. I am assuming bi materials are the loudest because they are two pieces .

1 Like

the one drop gauntlet is an insanely loud throw always seems to be ringing with the slightest touches, i think its the deep thin cups