I got my Snapback today but I’m having trouble with it

It says snapback on the side. Yoyodoc sent me one.

It didn’t come with one. unless I dropped in in the car.

That could be the problem. Take a picture

2 Likes

I am at school right now. I have free time.

I think I lost it. Under the seat because I dropped something yesterday. I will check after school.

SnapBack has 8 balls inside of the two races which together makes a “ball bearing.”

The best thing you can do with Spinstars and Snapbacks to increase spin time and reduce responsiveness is to pinch the string above the yoyo then spin the yoyo while pinching to unwind the string into a larger loop around the bearing. Make sure the loop part of the string is the only thing touching the starburst response. This seems to work just right for me on these throws to get more spin time.

1 Like

Do you know the size of the bearing for snapback?

are you able to post a photo of your yoyo?

Did you unscrew the yoyo in the car when you said you might have lost something

The snapback is designed to return to your hands even with a very weak throw and tug. I think your problem might be that you aren’t throwing the yoyo correctly. As a beginner, you want to focus on getting your throws as straight as possible so that the string isn’t brushing up against the sides of the yoyo.

Your best bet is to start watching YouTube videos on the basics of yo-yoing. You’re going to have a tough time figuring out what to do just by reading.

Check the specs on the listing. it says Size A - Center Trac Bearing

1 Like

Yes i did unscrew it in the car.

I think i have my yoyo too tight.

I also lost my bearing.

It’s honestly a bit legendary how quickly you were able to do that. Try to find the bearing and all your problems will be solved.

Did you crack the yo-yo when you turned it too tight? Just loosen the yo-yo a bit and leave it as is until you find the bearing.

If you can’t find the bearing then you are better off ordering another SnapBack. It’s a great beginner yo-yo and only 11.99 before shipping.

2 Likes

Can i just order another bearing?

Yeah, I changed the string in the car. So all I need to do when my dad gets home is check the car and under the seat I sat in.

2 Likes

the cheapest bearing you’ll find is $5 and its a bit harder to find the size A bearing you need, as its sold out (yye options)

spending and extra 7 dollars to buy another snapback would get you the bearing you need and another yoyo in case anything happened to the first.

Good luck searching for the lost bearing!

1 Like

I will need it. All I need is my phone flashlight or a normal flashlight and look for something shiny.

To be honest I have ball bearing from by butterfly XT

I might be wrong but I believe the butterfly XT is fairly similar to the snapback?

To be honest from reading all your posts I think your worrying to much about what yoyo your using instead of just enjoying just yoyoing. I hope you do find your bearing but in the meantime why not just enjoy the Butterfly XT? It’s a decent starter yoyo. You can learn all the beginner tricks with it.

3 Likes

I think so too