I got my Snapback today but I’m having trouble with it

My Snapback comes back way faster than I thought it would.
Can anybody with a Snapback offer any advice?

Throw easier

1 Like

What do you mean? Not as hard?

What do you mean by that?

Which string are you using? Probably it create a lot of friction between the yoyo and the return system, also the bearing itself probably has a lot of lube in that make it very responsive.

What are you trying to achieve? A longer sleeper time or what? In those yoyo if you tug with your wrist it goes up immediately

1 Like

Im using the yoyoexpert 10-pack of string. Also, I’m tryna achieve a longer sleeper time and have it not come back up as soon as I throw. The string is the KnotBad

You’re probably throwing it a bit too hard then, as ThrowingGnome said. Sometimes very responsive yoyos come back right away when they’re thrown a bit too hard. Try throwing it with a little less force and see what happens. And keep your hand still once it’s thrown, don’t flail around or anything - any tug (unintentional or not) will bring it back up.

1 Like

As soon as I throw my hand flips over to my palm facing down. And yeah, probably am throwing too hard.

Also keep in mind, if you accidentally knot the yoyo around the bearing it will come back up right away and not sleep at all. Just make sure there’s only the one loop around the bearing. Sometimes beginners don’t realize they have an extra wrap of string around the bearing or a knot at the bottom. And sometimes (only if you’ve unscrewed the yoyo and kept the string on it while unscrewing it) the string can get caught on the axle instead of the bearing, obviously not allowing for any spin as it’s not around the bearing.

Yeah, a tiny hole is around the axle not even on the bearing. also, my snapback doesn’t have a ball bearing.

Is that normal?

How do i keep the yoyo off the string when unscrewing?

Rodney, videos are more helpful than 2000 words:

1 Like

Do you have this one?

Couple thoughts;

1. Its how you are throwing - If you theow the Yoyo Down to your feet, and it is bouncing on the end of the string, it activates the response system and comes back.

Try throwing further infront of you. Keep your hand palm up. Let the string rest on the end of your throw finger as you gently stop the yoyo swinging back to you. Turn hand palm down when ready for the return.

1. Very slightly uncrew the yoyo halves to increase the Gap, making it less responsive.

SnapBack has a bearing.

2 Likes

But not a ball bearing?

Its hard though, my hand always automatically turns over. How do I throw different? How do I let it rest on the end of my finger? How do I stop it from swinging back to me? Sorry for the questions. Im new.

Yes.

If it doesn’t have a bearing, it’s not a SnapBack. It’s a Spinstar. SnapBack is a spinstar with a bearing. When we say bearing, we all mean ball bearing. There’s only one yo-yo I know of that doesn’t use a ball bearing, and that’s the Layer Infinity Kasm. I think there are orhers that use the same bearing (without balls), but I don’t know what they are.