SnapBack - Longest Spinning Starter/Beginner YoYo from YoYoExpert!

This is a project that I am personally VERY Excited about.

Presenting SnapBack!

SnapBack-Featured-2

As you can imagine we put a lot of yoyos into new people’s hands at YoYoExpert and we know all about how important success from the very first throw is. After years of testing we have come up with the perfect balance of long spinning beginner yoyo that can handle both string tricks and still SNAP BACK!

At our local yoyo club (in Northampton Massachusetts) YoYoExpert’s owner has taught thousands of people their first throw. With over 20 years of throwing experience he had come up with a combination that was perfect for him on his original Dark Magic yoyo. A tight gap with starburst response and a concave bearing. It would spin for minutes yet still return with a quick tug allowing for teaching all the basics and still being able to impress. Taking that knowledge and applying it to modern beginner yoyos has created something new that we will argue is the BEST yoyo to LEARN TRICKS on. (It is also incredible fun even for the advanced yoyo player)!

Pierce-Boulay-YoYoExpert-SnapBack

The SnapBack takes a classic yoyo shape we all love and adds a long spinning and string centering CenterTrac bearing. This means that even off a soft throw the yoyo spins effortlessly and will still come back even with a light tug! Further it can handle string tricks like a pro. Anything from braintwister to double or nothing and even skin the gerbil with practice. We have watched at our local yoyo lessons kids learn tricks at a 10x faster pace using the SnapBack and we are so excited to finally present it to the world!

This is the perfect yoyo to start on and even if you are an advanced player you will enjoy having something that returns with a tug but can handle advanced tricks. It’s also perfect when you meet someone new who might be interested in learning to throw and you want to make sure it always Snaps Back!

Are you running a club or an event and want to use SnapBack to teach on? Contact us for a special club price! There is no better way to get new people exposed to yoyo!

31 Likes

Looks awesome. Is this a Spinstar with a bearing?

3 Likes

Correct. SpinStar body with center trac size A bearing (custom spacers and axle for perfect gap width)!

Its amazing.

18 Likes

This looks like a great creation.

2 Likes

This sounds pretty great. I have a SpinStar that I modded by replacing the stock transaxle with Loop 720 guts and it absolutely slays as a pure responsive yoyo. This adaptation sounds like the next step in the evolution of this idea. :fire:

7 Likes

I bought a Voyage today for this purpose. I play 0A with a Loop 720 that responds slightly slow for me for looping, so I was planning to swap out its guts into the Voyage.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to pick one of these up for myself next order!

If I’m brutally honest I don’t think it’ll dethrone the Whip as my favorite “teacher/giveaway” yoyo, due to the price difference and the fact that most of my disciples are in the 6-12 YO range and small diameter is an asset, but the Snapback looks like an evolved version of the beloved Variflex that I had back in the day. The nostalgia is strong!

Ivan

5 Likes

This is very good news at a nice price. I have several grandchildren getting to the age where they can begin to trow. I have been priming them with demonstrations and even a couple of Duncan Pulse yoyos for excitement.

Thank you!

7 Likes

I’m not getting a commission for the suggestion…. But, just something I think, worth mentioning>

If you order something from Yoyoexpert in the next week or two, if you have a little wiggle room in your budget, add a SnapBack to your order.

If you ever thought of inspiring anybody to yo-yo, it is a great yo-yo to lend somebody you may be teaching a new trick to.

It will save you the trouble in trying to decide which of your own yo-yos to lend out. You won’t need to ‘adjust it’ just put the yo-yo in their hands and it’s showtime.

Even if you just want an amazingly good value for yourself, it’s worth every penny.

Just a thought….

7 Likes

Amazing thing to make. I’m imagining a V2 in the future with a very thin layer of titanium on the rims so that when the new thrower inevitably walks the dog, they will lose their mind.

3 Likes

Another random thought, would magnesium be a “budget” alternative to titanium for sparking rings? I know it flashes green when you shoot it with a rifle, not sure if it would spark on concrete though.

Ivan

No, that is how you actually split the atom

1 Like

No…. It would not be a good budget option.

Magnesium by nature of it structure is subject to a much shorter service life when not protected by some type of coating barrier.

Coated Mg, once the coating is interrupted it is immediately ‘open’ to corrosion as a result of being subjected to corrosive electrolytes that will initiate Magnesium dissolution.

In other words, Mg is reasonably stable when protected by a coating barrier from the atmosphere.

Just think of the Mag object as your hand with a glove on or without a glove on. The appropriate glove(coating) can protect your hand in identified operations. Without the gloves(coating) or with holes(spark gouges) in the gloves, things go downhill from there.

For a short term thrill, you can run Mg anyway you want to.

Just don’t expect much service time from your investment.

PS, sparking is overrated.

2 Likes

Just Curious; How did the Toys-For-Tots drive of these go?

Cant wait to gift them next week personally.

4 Likes

Bravo :clap: …. Best beginner yo-yo by a mile… yoyoexpert :fire::fire::fire:

6 Likes

Turns out it’s actually not bad with stalls.

8 Likes