My Yomega fireball won't unscrew and has bad sleep time please help me

My dad got me a Yomega brain and a Yomega fireball a couple years ago for Christmas and I used the brain to learn and I recently decided to switch to the fireball but it has a bad sleep time and doesn’t unscrew so can I fix it or not. If not then can y’all recommend some good quality yoyo’s for under 10$ because I’m broke.

2 Likes

Duncan butterfly xt is like 5$ at target or yoyofactory whip is like 6$ at hobby lobby

5 Likes

Great recommendations =]

2 Likes

I second the Butterfly XT those are fantastic beginner yoyos. At $5 they are cheap enough to buy two if different colors and swap the halves so you have multi colored ones. I did that and gave the spare away to my sister lol.

XT is great.
Never played a whip but i hear lots of love for it for what it is.
The Spinstar and Arise yoyos are fun, although id just go with the duncan for the price.

I am also kind of curious about the Snapback, which you can get here on yoyoexpert. I just learned about it so dont have one, but might be worth a shot in the dark over the spinstar or Arise.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Snap back is a solid beginner yoyo. It’s like a spinstar but that bearing really helps spin time.

1 Like

Odd a fireball should unscrew. Usually I have to add some brain lube (super lube) essentially just any thick lube to the plastic transaxle to get it to loop well. (Add the lube between the plastic sleeve and the metal axle.

You could if the yoyo won’t come apart at all add some unscented chapstick to the end of the string (loop around the axle) to get the response your trying to find or worse case double loop like you have the auto return yoyo.

If you really just want a new yoyo under 10ish

Like others have said a Duncan xt is your most affordable option. You can often also find them at target in the US. Or grab a Duncan butterfly (fixed axle)

Spin gadget is essentially a spinstar

Rebrands not bad but you can find magic yoyo one thirds (which is the same yoyo) for a bit cheaper on some other sites that ship from China if your willing to wait on shipping or other sites might have the one third not sure on that.

On the topic of China sites you could also buy a myy k1 with hubstacks or k2 crystal on a rainforest site or on direct from china site or local shops if your based in Asia.

Whip is fine and will do the thing can also be found in hobby lobby in the US

Arrise is another similar to spinstar yoyo

The spinstar its self. It’s a solid beginner yoyo but there are clones that are cheaper above you can often find these at some hobby or specialty toy or kite shops often at the beach.

Big fun will also do the thing

A bit over 10 but the speedaholic is solid and getting into that decent transition yoyo range Speedaholic Yo-Yo by C3yoyodesign – YoYoExpert

Looping is fun and if you like looping hornets are the way however you can find magic yoyo d3 or even blitz balls for a bit cheaper shipped from china if your willing to wait and they are good enough.

If you can spend 10 more go for a first base

Bonus option I’ve heard AOE is fantastic but never touched one AoE yoyo by YoYoFriends – YoYoExpert

1 Like

Thanks a lot I’ll see if the methods you gave me will work and I’ll look at the amazing recommendations you gave me

1 Like

If you want more specific recommendations feel free to pm me i can’t link external stuff but I can let you know where you can find things on the cheap if you really need to stick to under 10

I need to stay under 10 because I don’t have a allowance and I can’t get a job

1 Like

Good quality will cost money. You won’t get anything that’s truly good quality for $10 or under. Maybe acceptable quality at best. If you want truly good quality, then save up for it. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t get something for $10 or under to practice with in the meantime, but don’t expect good quality for that price.

IMO, the best option for $10 or under listed above would be the WHiP because it can be easily upgraded to be unresponsive just by switching the bearing. It’s not the best for unresponsive due to the light weight, but I learned on similar yoyos and did just fine.

1 Like