I can’t bind

Feels good when it all comes together.

Congrats dude!!!

2 Likes

Yeah I thought so too. That’s why I missed in my video. I learn from a Yomega or Duncan book back in the day before YouTube. The yoyodoc way is the easiest I think.

3 Likes

You cant leave us hanging! We need to see a video of your bind!! Congrats man.

3 Likes

send a video so we can see you do it congrats :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

congratulations on learning the bind. Like many others, binding was a stumbling block for me for quite some time, then it clicks. There has been so much great advice in this topic, but, I want to add that first of all, yoyo is a skill toy, it takes some work. However, the good news is the ‘work’ is actually play, so, it should be fun. Oh, it will be frustrating at times (you have already lived it with learning binds), but, don’t let play become drudgery. Finally, we all progress at our own pace, learn tricks in our own time. I am not the most coordinated guy out there, and, if I can learn a trick, anyone can. A friend of mine likes to remind people “To compare is to despair”. In the world of Instagram and TikTok and #trickcircles, we can forget that maybe one of these videos where the player looks so smooth and polished took them 50 tries. I know that almost always, I have multiple clips of misses to delete before being able to post one moderately clean trick.

Enjoy yoyo, have fun with it, don’t ever hesitate to ask a question. Generally, this is one of the most supportive and helpful groups of people I have ever experienced.

6 Likes

Thanks for your help!!! I’ll try to shoot a video! I didn’t use @yoyodoc technique because it was really hard. Wrapping the yo-yo around my finger and landing it on the string is harder an the technique I use.

1 Like

That’s okay. Whatever works best for you at the moment. Here’s my personal tip though. Once you start binding after a trick or two binding like in yoyodoc’s video will help a lot because you will most likely be losing a lot of spin and not have enough left to do the other bind. It seems like I was where you are right now just a few days ago. You’re my Yoyo Brother and brother to brother I beg you to practice both binds as it will greatly benefit you. I wish someone had told this to me when I first started learning unresponsive. Doc’s way (the most common frontstyle bind) is actually the simplest bind. I just tried it with my eyes closed and was successful 3 out of 3 times. I would not even attempt the other bind with my eyes closed. Doc’s bind is simplest because it’s really just by feel. The other bind is a lot of lifting and aiming for strings. Keep up the good work though!!!

3 Likes