How to get them out?!

I bought this bi-metal Banana Hammock from a good person on this forum a while back. Somewhere along its life, someone has placed CLYW Yeti stickers into the hub and I want 'em out!

I’ve tried everything in an iFixit Pro Tech toolkit but nothing doing there. I did consider heating a needle and piercing the stickers but that risks scratching the hub anodisation underneath.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Hello! Try heating it with a hair dryer for a few minutes until the glue softens and then try removing it with a toothpick :wink: Luck!

1 Like

Yes - Great suggestion. I have a heat gun and didn’t think to try this. Thanks.

2 Likes

This may work….

Get 4 sticks of Dynamite, a match and a 55 gallon trash can.

Go out into the middle of a cornfield. Find a small clearing. Put the yo-yo down on the dirt. Get the sticks of dynamite and stick them halfway into the ground, to the east, west, north and south(each exactly 9.74 inches from the yo-yo, to form a crucifix as seen from satalite imagery.

Now very quickly light all 4 fuses. Step back and put the trash can over the top of everything.

Sit on the trash can to help hold it down. Close your eyes and put your two index fingers in your ears.

After the tremendous explosion, the stickers should be pretty loose.

Good luck.

PS. If you want to use a safer method, just do the hair dryer thing suggested above.

2 Likes

… And, done.

Thanks - I should have thought of the heat gun/hair dryer.

5 Likes

For anyone who might have the same issue in the future, you can also use ethanol or acetone (use acetone only on metal yo-yos) to dissolve the glue and remove the stickers.

1 Like

Was going to say this. Acetone or 90% isopropyl alcohol or heat :+1:

Props on the native chief :eyes:

2 Likes