Friction Stickers.

Ok, heres the deal. I am out of friction stickers. Any way to make some homemade ones? Im sure there has to be something simple. Also its for a speedle so i dont want something to make it unresponsive. thanks.

Kinda hard to make it without being unresponsive…

Hmm, ive heard of people using like medical tape… Any thoughts?

use electrical tape or a peice of a tire. anything that is rubber. or…
if you’re desperate use sandpaper. the ones that duncan make are of cheap rubber and are made to wear out fast so that you buy more.

haha DONT use sandpaper. your poor, defenseless strings would get annihilated!

i know thats why i said if you are desperate.
lol

Get some light and very very thin cloth then it might sound very wierd but then melt down some rubber then get a paint brush get some on the paint brush then rub a dub dub the rubber on it then let them dry then get some really cheap glue that dosent stick very strong then stick them to your yoyo, or just of course you can always go to the the duncan site and buy some lol ;D

Have you used that method?

I think you should google search “homemade friction stickers” and see what you get.

You’ll be surprised.

I heard duct tape works ???

Double sided tape. It’s almost the same as the duncan ones. Take a piece of paper, put it on your yoyo, get the imprint of the response place, cut the tape to size.

;D cut out a peice of ruber from a bycicle tire and then put the duble sided tape on the back if you cut it likw a circle. ---->> posable salution.http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,11563.0.html <<<-------- good way to use a responce system!

how did you do that :o, by the way you spelled homemade wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, look up let me google that for you on google.

THen put what you want to search in the bar.
THen copy the link it makes

BOOM!

oooooooooooooooooooh

i try i try

KOOL, I’ll try some day

I make my own friction stickers out of cloth athletic tape and hot glue, or sometimes red RTV silicone. The hot glue is like silicone, but a little slippier, so it feels like a cross between a Dif and sili pads and lasts forEVAR! Kind of a detailed process, I might make a tutorial for it someday.

By the way, can anyone recommend a tacky adhesive that DOESN’T leave a sticky residue, something like what is on the backs of friction stickers? Something that would be rolled on or sprayed on or something, that way I could make my stickers stick without leaving icky goop all over my precious yoyos when the stickers wear out.

I’ve heard of people using hot glue before. Apparently it is more a temporary solution and only works for a little bit. I’d give these a whirl and then you can tell us which ones work well :slight_smile:

Hot glue can actually be pretty permanent depending on how you use it. If you just smoosh it into a recess, it doesn’t hold well. But soaking it into a coarse-weave cloth so it binds with it when it cools makes a really long-lasting sticker in my experience. One of these days I might get around to doing the same process with flowable or RTV rather than hot glue, and I’ll see how that lasts.