I want to remove these hubstacks

I have a K9 and I want the hubstacks GONE. Any tips for removing them? I put a tiny piece of Scotch tape over them. It’s a really smooth throw but I do not like rattling hubstacks.

1 Like

Well aren’t you an old fuddy-duddy.

Pretty sure you just slide the bearings and the rubber grommet off the aluminum posts to remove the hubstacks. Some people use a yo-yo string to loop behind the post and pull outward. But if you don’t care about the hubstacks and have no plans to ever put them on, just grab them with pliers and yank 'em off.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what those are… they aren’t hubstacks in the traditional sense, at all. Maybe just toss that yo-yo and get another one?

2 Likes

Dremal, hammer, drill. Whiskey.

Get ‘er dun.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why you delete so many posts @anon19434144 – now without the picture, people can’t see what the yo-yo actually has on it…

1 Like

@codinghorror I didn’t want to look like an idiot with my simple problem and could not just delete it all since it was made into a new topic by someone else and I shouldn’t have raised my question in that thread anyway…

I think it’s a fine question! Hubstacks can be removed, plenty of people do! Unfortunately what you have is quite a bit weirder than normal hubstacks?

I think you might need to break it off, unless you can wiggle a yo-yo string in that crack to wrap it around the hubstack axle.

image image

3 Likes

Maybe dental floss would work, too. That gap seems really narrow to fit a yoyo string into.

Good luck getting the hubstacks off!

2 Likes

Looks like a tight fit. Can you get the edge of a spoon in there? If not I would just drill a small hole in one side and pry it off.

If that doesn’t work then this would be my next move:

2 Likes