Best value yo-yos for giving away to kids?

Wow, I hadn’t seen the new SpinStar until now! That’s a really good price. I once taught a small yoyo class using the YYF ONE, and the main problem I had was keeping the yoyos responsive, even with the thin bearing. I like how the SpinStar has a plastic response system to lower the amount of required maintenance; what are your thoughts on how reliable that is? Does the string slip ever? I’ve had a mixed experience with the Duncan Mosquito’'s plastic response system; fortunately, the SpinStar’s response looks similar to the YYJ Unleashed, which I’ve found to be quite reliable.

I’ve recently acquired a YYF Legend (butterfly shape). It’s suuuper nice to play with, and seems very well suited for beginners. It can sleep for a decent amount of time, and it’s very easy to bring back. The small downside is that it burns string (it is a wood after all).

Regarding the special deal, I’ll definitely contact you about something, since I’ll be helping out with a fundraiser in a month, and the organizers were hoping to have yoyos available for guests to use.

3 Likes