Give away yoyos

What yoyos do you guys hand out to kids? I have a niece who is really interested om getting into yoyos and want others to give away. For my niece I figure under 20 is a good price point but for others a little lower. Any advice?

1 Like

For $20 you can get a Recess First Base, which comes responsive, but has the extra bearing to switch to unresponsive.
You could also just get like a YYF Whip for $7 - decent, cheap, responsive throw
Edit: As a side note: I gave a Replay Pro and TopYo Turbine to my wife’s brother in law (he had busted out his old throws from the 90s after seeing me throwing) to get him started on unresponsive.

3 Likes

I got a bunch of Spinstars from @YoYoExpertGarrett to give to kids!

Ignore the Honey Badger and Luftwerk. These were not given away to kids.

8 Likes

The yyf whip is a solid choice for 6 bucks. It’s actually pretty good for what it is. I also like them for kids because they are smaller in size, better for little hands. I like to have some on hand to give to kiddos.

spinstars and myy d1s
d1s spin gud

I have some thoughts here but I am kind of a value yo-yo snob

I got half a dozen unresponsive K1s to use in a lab. They came in just in time to give to two graduating students who had just started yo-yoing. They were pretty crazy vibey, with that periodic pulsing vibe that starts to interfere with play. Since they were just for an experiment I got them from the absolute cheapest place I could (~$4), so maybe these are from a bad run or something.
(I have another K1 I got last year, and it’s fine.)

Possible they were fakes as well, depending on where they were ordered from, etc.

I’ve given lots away depending on the situation and the person. Overall I like the First Base, half spec and full C bearings, great shape and a solid player too.

1 Like

Is there anything else in this photo? ALL I can see is the Luftwerk!

2 Likes

Got my niece a first base as well as myself.