How should I convince my parents that metal yoyos are worth it?

It’s been said a few times in this topic (I’m guessing…) but you don’t need metal yoyos. Yes, many people like them more, but you don’t need them. Plastics are wonderful. You don’t even need to spend that much to get the way over-hyped Protostar. With a good throw, you can do the same stuff on $15 and $20 plastics.

3 words HIGH POWER ZEN its $45 and it plays amazing

He knows that plastics are OK. He wants to know how to convince he parents to get a metal. He doesn’t care if they’re great or not. He wants a metal for the last time.

How about you work for your parents to get the money to buy a metal yoyo? That’s how I got my first metal. :slight_smile:

What was your first metal? Mine was the Maverick. :wink:

Dark Magic! I ordered from the yoyojam site hahaha. I didn’t know what to get so i chose the top pick. Just ordered a legacy too.

Dark Magic’s aren’t metal, but I don’t want to change the meaning of this thread, so just go with you don’t have a metal yet, or whatever. Let’s just get back on subject. :wink:

Well, metal rims. That’s still metal. Hahaha. But I know what you mean.

Say it’ll greatly unlock your hidden potential.

Buy used? Unless they don’t trust the trading thing… maybe you can go on Ebay.

actually im about to buy a BAC B grade tactic from a guy on the BST for $40.

Not a bad deal eh?

Could be better. I sold a Superstar for $40 not too long ago. Haha.

wow. anyone notice how many people have the protostar or dv888 as their favorite? anyway, my approach was using facts, like “My yoyos gap is to small, and it catches onto the string.” ever since i’ve convinced them to let me get a dv888, they’ve let me get any yoyo, as long as it’s my money.

Probably his parent dont have a clue about yoyoing besides that some yoyos can cost $50+, so they will think that a rock the baby is better than a combo John Ando or Hiroyuki Suzuki would do.

Maybe you can try to do this, lets say you want to buy a DV888 65$, give them 75$ so they see that your willing to pay everything, when they see this they might react 3 ways: 1: accept the money and buy you the yoyo 2: Tell you that its too much money for a toy and they dont accept your money
3: When they see that your willing to pay every cent of the yoyo, they might feel bad about you overpaying the yoyo and let you only pay like 55$ or 50$.

dude it cost him $40 for a new one. look on the yye b grades

They’re out of stock. Look for yourself: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/176/YYF-B-Grade-Yo-Yos---BAC-2010

i got my g5 for my birth day and i made a bet with my dad and won and paid nothing for my heavy cream

Haha! what was the bet?

Being a parent of 3 children, especially 2 boys that have gotten the Yo-Yo bug along with me.
I make them do chores to earn money, then they can spend it anyway they want, and I get work done around the house I really don’t care to do.
Well, not anything. I don’t let them get a fifth of Jack Daniels…maybe MadDog…