How popular is yoyoing at your school/workplace?

In mine, pretty sure I’m the only guy who even has the most remote interested in yoyoing… Also almost nobody in my country Yo-Yos, except a select few of communities lol

8 Likes

Yoyoing is all the rage at my school. #homeschooled

28 Likes

There is a frankly disturbing amount of correlation between yo-yoers and homeschooling.

I once mentioned this to JD (the Hitman JD of yoyofreaks) and he said “I was homeschooled”. Not even joking.

12 Likes

Darn it, you beat me to it.

11 Likes

Yoyoing almost literally doesn’t exist where i live lol. I’m sure i’m the only yoyoer in my country (yep, i’ve looked aroud and on social media).

That’s why i spend so much time on online yoyo communities and on IG. The only people i can share my yoyoing with are online.

14 Likes

What country do you live in?

2 Likes

I’ve met one person at my uni that has been doing it for a while. I met 2 that were just picking it up(though they’ve probably quit by now)

5 Likes

Where do you go to college?

1 Like

Virginia Tech

4 Likes

Noice.

1 Like

I am the only one I know that yoyos in my workplace and at school. Yet, I know there are people out there that yoyo in my state.

5 Likes

i got one of my friends into it. other than that no one really cares about it. the other kids sure like watching it, though.

2 Likes

I’m the only one at my school who really does it, I’ve ran into someone after school one day last year who apparently used to really be in it. Got two of my friends to like it and try at school. I don’t like to say I’m popular because I don’t believe I am, but apparently everyone knows me and they like when I yoyo. The teachers and staff praise me :joy:. I am excited because apparently someone from my old junior high is coming to my school and is going to be a freshman and apparently he YoYos. I’ve been told he is not as good as me but he does do 1a and knows what he’s doing. All my friend last were like “oooo you have competition now” and I was just like “ayyyy another yoyoer at school!” (I’ve dreamed of this :joy:)

12 Likes

El Salvador! :el_salvador:

7 Likes

Dudes that’s insane, I was homeschooled also. I wonder what the correlation is.

7 Likes

You need to approach him like this

giphy

16 Likes

I’m the only one that yoyos here - no one seems to mind, but also don’t seem interested in throwing themselves.

4 Likes

lol

1 Like

Hi at my school it is not super popular there is only one or two people who might play which actually surprises me since I showed everyone in my class a yoyo video of me doing some tricks.
A few days later someone in my class came in with a yoyo and I’m thinking this is awesome.
He gave it to me and was like “you want to play it” i’m like sure. Then everyone stopped playing for awhile. Then like a month later some grade 2 or 3 braught in some 2a yoyo. Sadly that is probably it.
But i’m thinking of bringing in one again hopefully people start playing again.:crossed_fingers:.

7 Likes

Surprisingly at my university I’ve been contacted by someone who is into yoyoing (they never got back to my response :frowning:), someone else has bought a yo-yo from UNPRLD that I ended up delivering to them in person, and there’s also a yo-yo player coming here in the fall.
In high school there was also a yo-yo player that was I think a sophomore when I graduated. Even saw him at Ohio States in the summer.

7 Likes