BOOOM!

There’s a yoyo boom coming!!! :o

3 people at my school has a kickside, and are trying to start, and one other guy has a DM… that’s a 4x improvement over last year!@!!! :DDDD

Y’know, I’ve noticed it too. Two people I know have recently taken to yoyoing AND are actually sticking with it and progressing.

That’s as many as I’m aware of on my campus of nearly 30,000. It feels lonely here in Ames Iowa. :cry:

Used to be 1 person ;D

my friend and I are the only yo-yo players at my school. Even then, he only does 2A and 4A. So… that makes me the only 1A and 5A player. However, I’m pretty close to getting other people to start. Skin the gerbil (easy, fast, cool-looking, doesn’t attract too much attention.) is mind blowing to someone who still thinks yo-yos only go up and down. :slight_smile:

/sigh

I’m still the only one around here that I know of. That isn’t to say that there aren’t other skill toy enthusiasts but I think I am the only one around here that yoyos seriously, which sounds weird because I am not very serious about it, I only play with it to entertain my kids and friends etc.

i try to get my friends into it but they wont stick to it :’(

i would actually hate for there to be a yoyo boom because i probobly wouldnt still be “yoyoman” in my school. lol :smiley:

Iowa you say?
This must be either Mack Geggie or Jon lee.

I kinda want there to be a YoYo Boom and I also kinda dont want a YoYo Boom.

If there was a YoYo Boom, People would Stop thinking that there is more to YoYoing then just Up and Down. And we would get Many More New Players. Possibly a New Champion!

But Also, People wouldnt be as Amazed when they see Advanced YoYoing. I have a feeling it wouldnt turn out Great. :-\

So it’s your ego.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also just noticed a couple other kids in my school started yoyoing. This is awesome! It’s really cool that other people are picking up the sport and joy of yoyoing!

I have noticed something similar at my school also. Several of the 6th graders at my school seem to have picked up yo-yoing and the number seems to be growing. Now I know I am not the lone yo-yoer anymore. :smiley:

I know… these random people came up and were like “Wanna teach us how to yoyo??” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Their are about 10 in my school

i agree

Yoyoing got more attention in my country.

I must be one of the boomers haha. :smiley:

It’s not really a boom, it has been building up a bit though. It’s not like you need a yoyo if you want to be one of the cool kids. It’s not like it’s super popular. It’s getting better though, people don’t necessarily look at yoyoers like weirdos anymore.

Two years ago, people would call you a nerd and say that you had issues with your spare time. Now, people will find it interesting and impressive. It is a boom when like 1/4 has a yoyo on them.

Or maybe they would be better able to appreciate what you can do, so they would be more amazed.

If you didn’t live through the last boom (or if you live close to a “real” yoyo store) you can’t even concieve of how cool it is to be able to head to the mall and see and touch YYJs, YYFs, high end metals, etc before you buy them. It would be a Good Thing.

Have Fun,
Java