How much does vibe bother YOU?

Me, too. I’m all “Pretty hard to complain about vibe in the yoyo when 90%+ of times it’s from my throw”.

The nice thing about a known vibe-free (or at least virtually vibe-free) yoyo in your collection is that at least you know for sure that it’s your throw and not the yoyo. Gives you something to work towards.

Vibe ? Not so much. Wobble ? Now that’s a deal breaker.

[quote=“Mr_Yoyoguy,post:35,topic:49022”]
My old Catch 22 (the one seen in my avatar) was actually not dead smooth. The actual amount of vibe on it was rather minimal, but it did end up irritating me a bit because… well, it’s a Catch 22! Others have told me that they have played ones that are ungodly smooth, so I guess I just wasn’t so lucky. That ties in well actually with what another poster said about expectations. I traded for a Bapezilla recently and I expected it to vibe, so that didn’t bother me at all.

There have only been a couple times where vibe has really bothered me. The most notable time was when I purchased a brand new raw Gleipnir after having sold my other one to my man Bud (the nickel plated one which if I remember correctly now belongs to yomagic) with the intention of trying some new polishing techniques. Well, to say the least, it ended up being a very expensive blunder because when I was finished with it, it vibed, wobbled, and rattled like a dang freight train. You could literally feel it in your feet on a bad throw. Looked pretty though lol.

Pads also plays a role when it comes to vibe due to throw. That being said I’m more likely to throw smooth with RTV but rarely with pads, except the really tight ones.

I dont mind vibe every yoyo cant be gen-yo or oxy smooth and i understand that and when i throw my yoyo i dont spend much time letting it sit at the bottom of the string feeling for vibe