How much does vibe bother YOU?

A little bit has never bothered me.

Only bothers me on thumb grinds. It can be painful sometimes.

What I hate more than vibe are sharp edges.

Can’t stand vibe. I want to shoot vibe in the face with an arrow.

Not so much. Any bother is created by my expectations. If I pay a lot for a yo-yo, I expect it to have very little vibe (if any). If I pay very little for a yo-yo, I almost expect some vibe, and it is a bonus if it plays really smooth. Again, it all relates to my expectations. If I read a BST thread and the OP lists the throw as “smooth,” I know that is subjective, but I still expect it to play nicely. A bit of vibe is no problem even in that case. I paid a lot for the Oxy Ti, it was smooth, as expected. I own 3 $10 Classics, a nice throw, but I find that some play better than others…to be expected. My expectations are created by:

1. Reviews from others on that model;
  2. Whether it is metal or plastic;
  3. Whether a BST seller advertised that a specific throw is smooth;
  4. Whether I paid a lot for the yo-yo.

I hate to say this, but I’m not exactly sure what vibe is :o. If its makes it rougher on the string than no. Also wobble doesn’t bother me either :).

its vibration duh :stuck_out_tongue: sorry ima dork

Yet you only throw YYJ…

Well, vibe isnt really a problem for you seeming as you make the smoothest yoyos… ON EARTH.

I dont mind a little vibe but I do mind a lot of vibe. I dont mind a perfectly smooth yoyo, either.

good one because yyj have some vibe

not at all…

i have beaten vibe into all my yoyos.

mgodinez

cloudy…

I’m still beginning so it doesn’t bother me a whole lot. I do limited grinding so a little vibe doesn’t effect it. Vibe does matter when buying a throw. If it vibes then it should be discounted end of story.

… Thanks capt. obvious.

But seriously, YYJ metals are SUPER smooth. Have you guys ever played the DiamondBack or the Next Level? They are pure smoothness. The bimetals are smooth for plastics with metal on them, lets see you design a bimetal yoyo with no vibe? Yeah, you cant.

There are plenty of dead smooth bimetals, though I agree YYJ plastic metal hyprids are smooth for what they are.

I don’t mind much vibe, I feel that if it spins and is unresponsive you’re good to go.

I’ve never played a c22, but for that much, I’d assume.

it’s because of the adjustable gap axle. i have shorter axles installed in mine which ends the adjustable gap but they’re dead smooth.
also i have one of the new hitmen that’s really smooth… and i also have a black one that vibes pretty bad. weird.

Most of my YYJ are smooth. I also tune them, the thing I can’t stand is vibe in a full metal throw.

THANK YOU! I really don’t see why everyone screws me over because I only throw YYJ, that just ticks me off and makes me wanna not throw anything else.

If a yoyo is all vibe, I will just not use it. I think vibe free is best, but a tinge of vibe didn’t hurt anybody. (As long as it really doesn’t affect play)

Vibe adds to the experience!

but when it’s bad it does bother me… cause its’ usually because I had a crappy throw.