How many yoyos? (Merged)

Going to have 12 throws 6 of which are CLYW’s I gave up on trying to collect other brands and instead focus on what I like to throw which is CLYW. I’ve owned one drop monkey finger YYF YYJ but I always grab for my CLYWs over everything else. My collection will eventually get back to where it was but from now on my plan is to only buy CLYW that’s what I love. They are the only throws I never consider trading. Bottom line screw brand variety I will focus on what I love

1a yoyos:

Avalanche (FG)
Chief (FG)
Sine//Saw
f(x) (B-Grade)
Flow
Northstar
Surge
D5
N12
Speedaholic
Shutter

2a yoyos:

2 808s (rarely used)

Fixed axle yoyos:

2 Butterflies
Imperial

All in all that makes 16

25 ish … More firm numbers to come in a few days

High 70s total, but maybe 20 or so that I could use in competition. I have a ton of older stuff so yeah.

I got 8

FG Chief
protostar
MYY t5
Classic
g-funk
imperial
some weird plastic(2)

10 with my 11th (a Quake) currently in the mail.

I have like 14 :slight_smile:

I have owned doubles mainly due to loving the throw and not being able to decide on a color way!

I was collecting CLYW and OneDrop until I traded away most of my OD to acquire more CLYWs :slight_smile:

any suggestions of a different brand?

G squared. It’s amazing

around 70

I have like uh, 8 I guess. I used to have a lot more but I’ve kept B/S/T trading at a minimum these past few months and I’ve realized that I only really need the throws I absolutely love.

I have:

YYR Gleipnir
YYR Fragment
YYR Blink
YYR 6
YYR Stargeyser
OneDrop Markmont Project
CLYW Peak (hate the way it plays but it’s an alright novelty)
YoyoFactory Protostar (for 5a)

One of my theories is a team edition. The other one is my 5A beater.

2 of my DM1s play like crap, but the special edition works perfectly.

I have 3 f(x) b grades from JD. He practically gives them away.

22 metal, 4 wood, 8 plastic loopers’n’oddities.

Sold 4 to slim down my collection. Came back from New England with 4 new yoyos. Collection not smaller, wallet noticeably smaller. :wink:

I’ll just tell you about the 81 fixed-axles. No need to mention anything else.

I answer differently, depending on how the question is asked. I have an estimated 154 “different” yo-yos. But, there are an estimated 50 of those throws, of which I own doubles or multiples. So, overall, a little over 200, if I count them all. About 135 metals, and the rest are bimetal, plastic or wood. Many of mine are collectors, and not intended to be played. I would estimate that applies to half of them. :-\

In my cases I believe I have 15/34/21/18/20 then a little box with like 10, 4 MIPs that come to mind, 2 loose novelty yoyos and 3 metals that I don’t have room for in my cases. So at least 127. Wow. That’s a lot more than I thought. I wish I hadn’t counted.

Plus 1 in the mail, 1 pending BST deal and 1 clear Rally that I’ll buy on here when I get a chance.

edit
forgot that I have 2-3 more loose white 2010 FH2s unassembled in a bag somewhere in my room.

edit again
and a Protostar in my car. Wow again.

I have 15 non-responsive yo-yos (13 metal, 2 plastic). I also have an SB2, a Pocket Rocket, a couple of Pro-Yos, a couple of Bumble Bees and a couple of No Jives. At some point I’d like to get a 24 compartment Duncan bag to carry my non-responsives in (the plan being that the 24 slots would represent the absolute upper limit on the number I’m allowed to own at any one time).

No judgment, but another one of my goals is to never “collect” yo-yos (i.e., to never buy a yo-yo that’s so rare or so expensive that I’m not willing to play with it).

I agree with that. I do play with all my yoyos. No sense in buying something for it to not be used. I’m buying yoyos, not shelf decorations.

Granted, some are expensive, yet I still will play them without hesitation.

500 or so.

Numerous duplicates for various reasons (liked multiple colors, competition set, 2A/3A, wanted to make sure I had another one in case of loss or breakage…)