How many throws do you buy a year?

The excitement over the CLYWxOnedrop collaboration and the numerous times I’ve read “2013 is going to be a great year!” got me wondering: How many throws do you buy a year? New, used, whatever.

Maybe you buy every new release. Maybe you allow yourself one a year, or two if you exhibit good behavior. Maybe you sell one for every new addition you add.

Thanks for sharing.

I always think to myself about these questions.

My answer is always the same.

Too many.

Haven’t been playing for a year yet. But I’m on track to have 20+ yoyos. The majority are inexpensive plastics, gifts, bang-for-the-buck champs (C3 Capless, Mystery Box Avant Garde for example), or BST gems.

I will probably spend around $500 on yoyos and yoyo accessories this year. That’s not at all bad for a hobby I’m pretty passionate about!

Totally. I’m a big fan of film, and you can’t imagine how much some of these import Blu-rays costs. Ugh, ha. I’d say you’re doing good keeping it to $41.66 a month. :smiley:

well… ever since I discovered the buy/sell/trade thing, things have gone a bit crazy. Only been throwing for three and a half-ish months now, and I currently have 14 yoyos. I have owned 32 different yoyos… but here is the redeeming part. I have only spent $263 total on yoyos and I currently have 5 clyws 3 onedrops 1 gsquared etc… So I say that is justifiable-ish.

God, I’ve bought atleast a dozen in 2013

Well, I think I just passed my first anniversary of throwing last weekend. The collection currently stands at 63. Probably about 75 if you count the stuff I’ve sold or given away.

Yuki

Too many :stuck_out_tongue:

Trying to limit myself to one a month, but that’s already been broken by 3 this month.

Hopefully we wont get many more new releases for a while so my bank account can stock back up!

Last yeah was around 500 :slight_smile:

Same. Started December 2012 and I have 25+ so far, not counting the ones on transit.

I started in September of 2012 and I have 17.

Trigger
Halo
PGM
noctu
Burnside
Avalanche
Yeah3
Loop 900s x2
Avante Garde x3
Yyf whistling x2
Supernova
Fiesta xx
Maverick

I don’t think I missed any.

I’ve been throwing (after a looooong break) for about two months now. In that two months I’ve gotten:

• Dark Magic II
  • Legacy II
  • Avalanche
  • Cascade
  • Supernova
  • Code 2
  • Arctic Circle
  • Chief
  • Civility (forthcoming)

I keep telling myself “okay, this is the last yoyo for a while”; I really need to start listening to myself.

Maybe 3 or 5 by myself, but then I get them for christmas and birthdays…

now that i think about it, i averagely buy 1 throw every month. doesnt feel like i have that many throws though! Haha.
but most of them are cheaper plastics anyways.

I’ve been playing for a little over a year and I only have about a dozen throws…

I started using the BST after Christmas and so far this year, I have spent $800 on yoyo/accessories, but I have also made a little over $600 selling them off. So I’m sitting at $180ish spent this year. Which is okay with me.

Last year I bought one a month, to build my collection. So far this year I have gone through probably 20 yoyos since the start of the year.

The short answer: I’ll have gone through too many yoyos :smiley:

/thread.

Anyways, I haven’t gotten any yoyos this year. However, I do plan on buying the CLYWxOD collab. Last year I bought 3 or 4 yoyos.

A lot