How long have you been throwing?

Just went back and checked my credit card statement and November 27th will be 1 year yoyoing for me.

7 Likes

Cool

1 Like

Basics: 1 year in my childhood
3A: 1.5 years

2 Likes

8.5 months. Some days I’m a bit hard on myself for being pretty bad but I really really enjoy playing. Glad I found yo-yo.in 2023.

2 Likes

I started in the mid 60’s, stopped in the early 70’s then started again on 10/23/21. I have thrown every day since that my health has allowed.

6 Likes

Off and on since the mid 90s. Played alot between 96 and 2003 Took a long break between 2005 and 2020. Played responsive and semi responsive untill going unresponsive around 2022.

4 Likes

A whopping 9 months since i began yoyoing in earnest.

3 Likes

Since late 2016. So going on 6 years!

3 Likes

14 years on and off… I’m w/ @LeftyThrower24 and am team “Wish I Never Stopped” and “Slightly Frustrated At Knowing I’d Probably Be Pretty Effing Decent If I Didn’t Take A Break” :skull::skull::skull:

7 Likes

I just celebrated my 3rd anniversary

7 Likes

Since the late 50s, off and on.

10 Likes

2yrs last month. I started with 2a and 0a then fell into the unresponsive 1A hole after binding clicked 4mths in.

I’m trying to keep my eyes on the long game and not stress about the ebbs and flows of my present, early yoyo life. Yet how I stress :weary:

I do really want another style to grab me. 5A got really close this year. I just have and easier time with unresponsive 1A as a fidget activity which is where a lot of my yoyoing lives.

7 Likes

Late 97’ early 98’ is when I purchased my first yo-yo. Or a pack of yo-yo’s I should say… it was a 3 pack from Walmart that performed terribly. I soon after was able to buy a Spintastics Technic from a performer in my Church (Brother Yo - Matt Johnson) and I was off to the races!

Even though I “retired” from competing after the 2002 Nationals, I really have never stopped playing. So i’m going on a solid 25-26 years!

8 Likes

around a year

4 Likes

and i only have 4 yoyos

IMG_6630

3 Likes

On and off since yesterday……… so, total of about 11 seconds, total.

4 Likes

On and off since 11. Consistently and “seriously” for about 3 -5 years

2 Likes

Same

1 Like

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago and the second best time is now.

I have about a 2 year hiatus between picking up my first unresponsive and actually getting deep into it. I’d probably be pretty dang good if I practiced instead of sitting it on a shelf for that time, but it’s probably for the best to not force something like this either.

I’m out back practicing black hops and beef hooks today!

8 Likes