How long have you been throwing?

Tell me how long have you been throwing yoyos for

2 Likes

Off and on since 1983. So forty years.

6 Likes

I seriously got into throwing a bit over a year ago. I still suck at it.

1 Like

I got my first yoyo in April 2021, so I’m still relatively new to the whole scene. Trying my best to play catch-up on my skill level. I know it’s not a race, but it’s a bummer feeling like I’m so far behind the players I wanna be like who’ve been playing for 15-20 years.

10 Likes

I feel this, I really wish hadn’t decided to stop throwing like 8-9 years ago and just kept at it the whole time

8 Likes

i’m this exact way, started around 2021 responsive but fell out, picked it back up around december of 2022 and i’ve been taking it at my own pace

2 Likes

Had a yoyo during the 90’s boom as a kid. That lasted a bit but I didn’t get much past the basics. Fast forward to last Sept. I pick up my first unresponsive and haven’t put it down. So I think I’ve officially past the 1 year mark this month.

1 Like

I played a bit as a kid, then started learning unresponsive in July 2019. So, just over 4 years now. Damn.

2 Likes

Don’t fret too hard, you’re probably better than me, and I’ve been doing it since the space shuttle was new. :rofl:

Aside from like…one scholastic book fair in 2nd grade 30 years ago…End of June, this year. I wish I would have started sooner! Having a blast. A frustrating blast…but still a blast.

1 Like

Can I get a vid of your oldest yoyo and your favorite trick with it

Maybe if I could find it. My oldies are packed away in a box somewhere in the rafters. But it’d be a boring vid of some handsome older fellow doing a bunch of loops on a blue Duncan Imperial. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

15 years in October

Didn’t really keep up with it for a good 6-8 years but always had a yoyo on my desk to mess around with

2 Likes

Longer than my skills would indicate! :wink:

3 Likes

Lol!

Or a pic of the oldies

about 7 years, going on 8. I didn’t really emphasize learning tricks until the last couple years though.

2 Likes

Like 10 years but there was a decade gap in the middle and I didn’t find resources to learn tricks until two years ago so I guess really 2 years with the resources to actually learn something and it doesn’t feel like I’ve learned allot.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to dig up the old collection since I picked it back up this year. I’ll post something when that happens. :wink:

1 Like

Nice