How long have you been banned from yoyo

My wife is annoyed at loud bearings more then anything… she would rather i have 100 more throws that are silent and smooth then even one with minimal auditory vibe.

Other then that occasionally my daughters tell me im not allowed to throw now cause it’s time to play.

10 Likes

This is how I was banned from using a Nine Dragons, or playing 5a in the kitchen, effectively forever. I haven’t tried 5a Nine Dragons in the kitchen yet, though.

6 Likes

Never by my parents, they would always take the computer or something like that, though last time I was at ID Tech camp I forgot it and was not able to show people until right before leaving which kinda sucked but at least I was able to hype people up about it all week

2 Likes

I am not aloud to yoyo when we watch tv so I don’t hit anyone. If that counts as banned then I am banned.

3 Likes

I have been banned for a few days I think.

Worst few days of my life LOL.

1 Like

DO IT

4 Likes

No need to try to be sneaky about it, the Nine Dragons will alert everyone. It is often easier to seek forgiveness than permission, so, do it

4 Likes

As a kid, I’ve never had my yoyos taken away from me/been restricted from using them. It would be the higher ticket items like playing video games, no watching TV, get the bike/skateboard taken away… While I messed with the yoyo back then, I guess the parents didn’t see it as that high of a value item.

Otherwise, the longest I was “banned from yoyo” was the time spent inside of Disneyland back in 2015 when security at the checkpoint asked to make sure I leave the yoyo in the car/at the hotel next time…there was no way I was going to walk that mile back to my room to put a yoyo away…and especially since Disney sold yoyos on their property at the time (and even in the park). That next day, I opted to leave the full sized yoyo behind and just bring the Flea as it was very pocketable. Figured the string was short enough and the size was discrete enough to mess with in line when there was space. I practiced social distancing back then just to give myself a little bit of room…and the people in line were entertained by my failed trick attempts.

Any yoyo that I did buy at the Duncan cart (RIP), I just made sure to keep it in its packaging so it looked like I just bought it.

2 Likes

Do you guys have it in for @MarkD or what? It may not be healthy for him to annoy his wife that seriously.

3 Likes

Not at all, I can’t speak for @EOS44 but, there are people who believe if you aren’t living on the edge, you are taking up too much space :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ll let you all know how long I get away with this.

6 Likes

That shrug!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m glad mine’s not the only one that sounds like it has a bunch of gravel in the gearbox. What a racket. :rofl:

1 Like

Straight up got grounded from throwing for a week after shattering the living room light fixture with my Big yo. Like two days later i waited until midnight, then I snuck a throw up to my room to get my fix. I hit the yoyo on the ground, and as I heard my dad walking up the stairs I stashed that good under my bed and pretended to be asleep. He turned on the light and i pretended to wake up like I don’t know what’s going on. When asked what the sound was I told him it came from my sister’s room and he left. 4th grade me had the yoyojam Ai (yeah the takeshi m signature ) secured, and I stood on my bed to yoyo at night until I moved out.

6 Likes

Literally never while growing up. My computer on the other hand… lol…

3 Likes

Funny story. I expected your dad to ask how you knew the sound came from your sister’s room if he had just woken you up.

4 Likes