How long have you been banned from yoyo

So recently I got grounded and lost yoyo for 3 days. I just want to know what the longest time you have been banned from yoyo

14 Likes

My wife banned me from buying yoyos till christmas if that counts.
She does know about Akita release though and is cool with me atleast grabbing that. If you are lurking me on yye LOVE YOU BRITTANY!

40 Likes

got my yoyo taken from me for an entire week once it was torture

8 Likes

4 months my dad said it would only be a week but if I asked about it it would a year so I did not ask my dad forgot for 4 months and them one day here found my yoyos some were In his room and them gave them back worse thing about it is it was 2 weeks before nats

15 Likes

As an adult I love this thread. Keep it going.

35 Likes

As a father its giving my ideas lmao! I love the technique “if you ask me again itll be another week”

18 Likes

I’ve only had self imposed bans. Everyone learn from my experience - if you are feeling down, don’t walk away from something you enjoy in hope that you will magically start feeling better.

18 Likes

lolol I thought I was alone
A week ish

5 Likes

I’m in @FrankieJR shoes. Banned from purchases until Xmas. Except Clique and whatever that other OneDro was they teased. The missus will provide for Christmas tho. She always does. Very much doubt she’s ever going to visit this site but I will not be shown up, so I LOVE YOU IVY!

7 Likes

Two days ago I was asked the dreaded question “so how many yoyos are you going to buy? How many does one guy need?” I laughed and explained my recent purchases. I did NOT tell her that I had purchased a nos USA edition Super G.

Today she checked the account…

I won’t be purchasing yoyos for a while.

10 Likes

I keep forgetting that some of the people who post on here are children.

17 Likes

Luckily for me when you’ve been paying 300 plus dollars for cannabis every month for years and you stop doing that, it’s a bit easier to justify buying some yo-yos.

13 Likes

That was my argument to her! You buy pot, I buy yoyos! That went over like a turd in a pool.

14 Likes

Have never had my yo-yos taken away.

8 Likes

Been lucky that my lady’s cool with my collecting but I’ve been contemplating a self-imposed ban on new throws to enjoy what I have. So many of my throws don’t see as much love as they should.

Only ban I’ve had with regards to play was when I hurt my throw hand. Can’t remember what I did to it but I ended up with a bruise on the inside of my palm right between my index and middle knuckle that made catching a throw painful. Had to stop throwing for a few days while it healed.

4 Likes

Definitely something many people here would benefit from!!

5 Likes

Those Akitas look amazing, I tried one at worlds and it was easy top 3 yoyos for me. ever.

2 Likes

I’ve never been “banned”, but I did have a herniated disc in my neck that would act up every time I yo-yoed. Eventually I just had to stop… for 6 months :cry:. That was pretty rough.

7 Likes

I’ve never gotten more than the “you have way too many as it is” look from my wife.

3 Likes

As a single adult, the only thing that prevents me from getting yoyos is my own lack of money lol. I’ve never been more than 2-3 days without throwing.

12 Likes