How long have you been banned from yoyo

What I’m finding difficult is to bind…it just feels so uncomfortable

5 Likes

oh yeah that’s true

1 Like

I had originally put “Fixed Axle”, but changed to “Responsive”, as responsive bearings are quiet as well.

4 Likes

Single adult here, so no bans for me. Though I yoyo around my mom all the time and she completely ignores it. Her attitude towards it is positive/neutral; she likes to see me happy and know I like it, so she doesn’t care. If she knew how much I have spent on yoyos in the past year she would probably tell me not to buy any more, but I also don’t think she would care as long as I can still pay my share of the bills.

9 Likes

Especially if the responsive bearing is heavily lubed.

1 Like

Better advice: NSK bearings

2 Likes

How long have you been banned from yoyo??
Forever :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I even lube my fixed axles! :grin:

2 Likes

I got grounded for a month about a year ago, but the circumstances were hilarious. My dad pretty much wanted to get a rise out of me after grounding me from my phone, computer, and going out didn’t phase me lol. I still didn’t lose my cool (because I keep my fave throws under my bed and still yoyoed a lot) but he finally got the “repentance” he wanted for the B I got on a science test. He doesn’t know ■■■■ about yoyos so I lost a few magicyoyos and plastics lol. No big deal but technically, I was banned for a month.

4 Likes

I think the thread is fun so far. I guess being banned from yoyo would be dark days though ::frowning_face:

1 Like

Never been banned. Although my wife did tell me once that my yoyo collection was taking over the house.

2 Likes

Hahaha! My wife did the same thing and then felt bad. Then nicely asked me to wait >_<.!

2 Likes

Slightly related, more like I could not be stopped from yoyoing.

I used to yoyo with the IV connected to my heart based portacath while at the hospital.

Which reminds of the time in winter when i jumped out of my tree fort into the snow and my external port caught on something and the tube came out a few inches. Any further without it coming loose off whatever it caught on and I would have been dead.

And that’s only one of the times i almost died.

10 Likes

Dude, right? lol
As an adult, this thread blows my mind. lol

8 Likes

im sorry for your loss. F

1 Like

As a kid nobody ever told me to stop because I was never inside. Indoors is not nor ever will be for me! However, I did have to pay for a broken window once, not banned from playing with a yoyo, just had to pay $$$$$$ and help with the cleanup and installation.

Totally fair consequence!
Love ya Mom and Dad!

5 Likes

I’d hate to see what he’d do if you actually did something wrong… :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

When I broke my tooth in half, my parents had sat me down and asked me if it was worth it to me to

5 Likes

So, was it… ??? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Does a duck have a water tight butt? Is the pope catholic? :slight_smile: all meaning yes. It was worth it

7 Likes