How long have been throwing and what level are you?

I’ve been throwing for 1 year and 7 months. I’m in expert/master tricks I guess. I don’t try to learn new things off of videos so I can’t really be rated based off of the trick list.

Over two years… Expert…

And honestly I feel that that’s ok. Because you should yoyo for fun. And what I learned was never un-enjoyable, because the learning was the fun. Now the impressing/casual yoyoing on the skill level I am is fun.

I agree with this. The thing I really like about the trick list here is that there is a nice progression to help guide you when you are starting out. Once you have some basic skills under your belt, you can go off in any random direction you want. Without this progression, it is much harder to progress and not get all frustrated.

I used to throw back in the 90s with the SB-2. I wasn’t that good, but could do most of the intermediate tricks that were done from a front throw (everything except barrel rolls/atomic bomb). It took forever to get there, looking at printed descriptions of tricks and stuff. We didn’t have all these training vids back then. I am moving very comfortably, getting better every day, even days where I only have 15 minutes to throw. It is a great resource.

I’ve been throwing for 10 months. I finished most of the tricks up to Advanced part 2, but I concentrate more on making my own tricks/combos then the list.

Exactly throw to have fun. But I guess it’s also how fast you pick things up

I’ve been in it for 5 months. I’m on Advanced Part 2. Not sure if that’s fast or slow. Either way it wouldn’t matter much. I just like having fun. That’s what it’s about right?

Almost 7 months and making my own combos whenever I get inspiration.

About a year. Haven’t been following the sequence of tricks here very carefully, but I supposed in plain English (not necessarily corresponding to YYE’s categories) I consider myself at an upper intermediate level. To the person on the street I’m some sort of wizard, though. :wink:

1 Like

Im at about 7 1/2 months and just learned skin the gerbil. Over the last few months I’ve been learning a trick a week. Making sure its smooth and consistent. Still can’t get a suicide. Been working on that one from like 2 months in lol.

I’ve been throwing about 6 years, I didn’t learn any from YYE but I do know all the 1a on there… I make up my own stuff, with slacks, neck wraps, you name it. So yeah I guess you could call me like a total pro boss person… Jk haha I’m not a pro lol

What level would you guys put me at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34XVNmz4CXw

Almost 1 yr. i make up my own stuff, i score most in my book for originality and speed. Ill film something later today.

I stared yoyoing 5 or 6 years ago. But I was unable to get an unresponsive yoyo untill 6 months ago. And I’ve almost finished advanced part 2. If I had better silicone or if I did them great, I’D play for a month wit one silicone job, but it goes for a week. And a week is roughly 10 hours-ish. So yeah sucks to be me. :’(

Hmm… I believe it’s been about five years, or so. And in regards to skill I’m fairly average for someone who’s been yoyoing as long as I have.

I have been throwing for about 6 months and I am a lil all over the place hahahahaha

I have been throwing since like mid-January, so about six months now.

Here are the skill levels that I am on according to these sites that I learn off of:

YYE: Expert Part 2
YoTricks: Long String Tricks (this is kind of a level)
Rethinkyoyo: Level 3
High Speed YoYo: Advanced
The Definitive: Level 2 (in 1A, not 5A)

So…how am I doing?

Yeah I’d say your doing good, I haven’t seen the other sites besides YYE and rethink yoyo though

I’ve been yoyoing “seriously” for the last 3.5 years. I really worked at the trick list for probably a year, and then slowly took off from there making tricks, and building on old ones I’ve had. I’m still having just as much fun as when I was getting back into it.

Aaaaaand that’s how I got to where I am today :smiley:

Wizard level 83

1 Like

Throwing: ~2.5 years.
Level: Over 9000

1 Like