how long are your IRGs?

I do irgs all the time, if you want the ultimate throw for irgs get a czechmate. They are awesome all around but the inner bowl is unbelievably easy to grind.

The zeekio core can do pretty much every kind of grind I want it to do

Well obviously, my irgs are somewhere in the neighborhood of between 42 and over 9000.

Where exactly are you getting this IRG going?

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/858041_274377186025728_1577516921_o.jpg

And with all smooth surfaces, any grind is, well not exactly pleasant on this otherwise fine performing plastic yoyo.

Duh, he bead blasted it, and cut his own IGR.

Long enough for me to do a dramatic 360 spin lol, so about 10 secs.

WOOOO i just broke my record, 8 mississippi’s ;D ;D ;D

i use the inner lip of my supernova for longer grinds, but sometimes the string does something and hurts my thumb :’(

So is the video gonna be up soon?

Don’t give it any slack.

If slack is causing a bind, the bearing is probably semi-responsive. I sometimes forget during the breakin-in phase of a newly-lubed bearing that it’s semi-responsive and I do an IRG. So I know that feel. It can be ouchie!

The slack still happens to me in my completely broken in yoyos though.

The slack shouldn’t be a problem, though. I always have a string dangling in a big loop during my IRGs. I thought everyone did. :wink: If you’re getting bind just from doing an IRG with the loop dangling, there’s some sort of unexpected responsiveness from either the pads or the bearing.

Oh, I meant that it sometimes snags with the slack if I’m not careful. Does that mean my bearing isn’t broken in properly? I haven’t lubed in in a while.

Beats me. It might not be a matter of “breaking in” and it might be your response rather than the bearing.

If you throw a hard sleeper, then tug on it to hop it up to the same height as your hand, does the string just hang there, or does it start to “chase” the axle? Be careful as you do this; if it chases and then binds, it will smack into your hand pretty hard! Do this across several throws (not just several times on the same throw). Does it EVER happen?

If so, we haven’t really narrowed it down much (could still be the bearing OR the response) but it’s more likely to be the bearing in my experience.

Bottom line: there should be no way that the slack will snag on a truly unresponsive yoyo. So something is going on there.

When I start posting as much as Greg does on a daily basis again you’ll know I’m back from vacation and the video will be up soon :wink:

1 Like

When I pull up the string, sometimes it chases, but when it does chase, when I pull it up again on the same throw, it doesn’t chase anymore…oh well ???

Ok :smiley:

If it chases sometimes, the bearing isn’t completely unresponsive at all times. It may need cleaning.

I have a brand-new OD 10-ball that’s been cleaned and it still does this. I’ll see if I can use the “swirl remover” technique on it next time (pack it in auto swirl remover paste and rotate the bearing, pack and rotate, pack and rotate) to revive it, but if not then it’ll be garbage. I suggest a similar approach: use your favourite cleaning method and if the bearing doesn’t change, don’t waste your life on it. Replacements don’t cost that much.

1 Like