How important is the colorway in deciding to buy a yoyo?

The colors not going to change how a yoyo plays. If I want a yoyo I’m going to buy it, it doesn’t matter if I love the color or not. I’m not picky like that, I’m playing with the yoyo, not admiring it on a shelf

If a yoyo comes in a color I really like it might make me want it more but if I want a yoyo then I want a yoyo, idc about the color

I will say though if I’m buying multiples and it’s not for 3a then yeah color will matter after the first yoyo

4 Likes

Im sort of starting a purple yoyo collection and the purple VTWO has always been high up on my life. I think people also affiliate it with being “Eva” colors, so it sold out quick.

1 Like

to me, the ano matters more than color.

The colour of a yoyo has effected purchasing decisions in the past however it is something I care less about now

1 Like

Like I said before, im starting to focus on building up my purple collection, so, important? Perhaps a bit.

5 Likes

That makes organization really simple, at least.

1 Like

lol, true. I have other yoyos, but after realizing that almost half my collection was purple (subconscious decisions on colorways), I realized that I just prefer purple yoyos for the most part.

2 Likes

They are very good. I tend to lean towards purple/pink myself. The beckford purple/pink fade on some UNPRLD yoyos is VERY nice.

1 Like

I also have a pink/orange Cadence, but I excluded it from the photo because not purple. I love the color of it though. Purple/pink fades are right up my alley, gotta get one someday. My Decoy is close, which is a dark/light (or just less dark) purple fade.

And damn, just forgot. My OD Deep State has purple speckles and purple side effects. I guess it’s a silver yoyo at heart so it’s ok to have excluded it.

1 Like

Price usually wins out for me. I’m more likely to buy a yoyo with a good price and bad colors than the other way around. The more expensive a yoyo is, though, the more i care about the color. I would not drop $100+ on a yoyo unless i loved everything about it.

2 Likes

Loving everything about a yoyo presumably includes loving how it plays. But how can you know that you love how a yoyo plays without first buying it (and then playing it)?

1 Like

I’m an anodizer, collector and mediocre player in that order, so… colorway and overall aesthetics are really important to me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That Skyva looks incredible. Jealousy meters off the charts

1 Like

I’m just saying I wouldn’t spend a lot of money on a yoyo if I didn’t like the color, even if I knew the yoyo itself was good.

1 Like

Same

2 Likes