Do you ever NOT buy a yoyo because of the color?

I have three yoyos on my wishlist, but the available colors turn me off. Some are ugly. Some are the same color patterns as yoyos that I already own by the same manufacturer, and some are either white or raw, which I don’t want. Am I the only one that is so picky? Are there yoyos that you really want but don’t like the color?

12 Likes

Pink.

2 Likes

If it ain’t R A W then it ain’t for me

6 Likes

And THAT’S why they should offer multiple color choices.

Under $20, I dont care what the color is.

I don’t buy a lot but colour is huge for me.

If I see gold I generally won’t buy. If I’m spending money on a yoyo half of what I want is a colorway I like the look of. I’ve also bought yoyos strictly because I like the colorway before.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I have run across that yet. I look more at playability than what the color is. However I would say I tend to lean more towards solid colors.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve done this. Just this last week there was one I really wanted but my favorite color was sold out as was my 2nd choice color. I tried pulling the trigger on the gold one (only color of the 3 left) but just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

On the opposite spectrum, if I see a yoyo in brown chances are I’m buying it whether I was looking to get one or not.

1 Like

Yep, I generally do not like splashes. I can count on one hand, and have fingers left over, the number of splashes I actually like.

4 Likes

Some colors are just not appealing.

2 Likes

Needing a particular color is kind of a psychological thing. Sometimes we psych ourselves out by thinking we can’t perform well without a certain thing. For example I have a tendency to think that if I do not wear workout clothes during yoyo session then I will not perform as well. I know that it makes no difference wether I wear athletic shorts or a pair of jeans but I still feel the need to do it.

1 Like

lol color is the first thing I check when hunting for my next throw.
Goofy? Maybe. I’m pretty proud of my ever growing green collection though.

3 Likes

I think Ive seen a picture of that on the other thread. That’s a crazy collection!

1 Like

twice ive bought yoyos i wanted in colors i didnt like. The overall experience was dimished and i sold them shortly after. But on the other hand, ive sold yoyos that were too pretty to play comfortably.

2 Likes

If you look good

You feel good

If you feel good

You play good

If you play good

THEY PAY GOOD

7 Likes

Definitely a big part of the decision making, I’ll wait three times as long to find a color I want. Sometimes just looking for a specific throw and I’ll settle for my favorite but the wrong one can be a complete decision breaker

1 Like

A month or so ago I was looking at the C3 astrea and I was really interested in how it plays based on how it looks and what not. The big turn off was the colors, but I swallowed my pride and copped a gold on white one and its slowly starting to grow on me.

1 Like

NGL I try to stay away from any yoyo containing orange except for a select few. I like most other colors, but the pink/green shutter fade looks like legit poop when it spins

1 Like

Colour is the last thing I consider when buying a yoyo.

If there’s lots to choose from then sure, I’ll pick one that I like, but there’s never been a time I’ve decided against buying a yoyo just because it didn’t come in the colour I wanted.

4 Likes