how do you make a living?

I am a Martial Arts instructor for two different karate schools (both are Kempo but very different systems) and I also play gigs occasionally for a few bucks here and there. (I am also a singer and musician)

freshman in college, and I still have no idea what I want to do. major: undecided.

CodyJam: That’s cool that you are homeschooled, I used to be before I graduated.

I’m not saying you should be a lawyer or anything, but just because there are many unethical people in a profession does not mean the profession itself is unethical. There need to be good, ethical lawyers. The same goes for every other job out there. :wink:

I’ve been moseying through community college undecidedly and trying out different options (including lots of cooking, which is tons of fun, but in the end not a feasible career for me or the other things in life I’d like to accomplish) and I’m getting back almost to where I started. Maybe I should have learned by now that I often just go with my first gut feeling. Anyway I’m going to enter my school’s paralegal program, something that looks like fun and will use my skills. I don’t even remember what dumb reason I had a couple years ago when I rejected the idea after first considering it for a while. ::slight_smile:

THIS is why I would love to be home schooled. I can make so much progress, but it just helps so much to have a flexible schedule…

Living the good life

I personally know a couple lawyers and have met their colleagues before. Almost all of them are nice and seem to be perfectly ethical. But the job itself is an unethical job. Half the time you have to lie for the defendant or prosecutor.

Chloroform testing.

1 Like

Yeah, but by being in a profession where you can be unethical without breaking the law, I am exposing myself to temptation, so I’ll rather stay safe… :-\

^That’s understandable.

Just because someone can choose to be unethical does not make the job, in and of itself, unethical. You do not have to lie, and committing perjury is just as serious for a lawyer as it is for anyone else. Though you make a valid point that this does not stop many people from lying under oath. Weak people make a weak system, not the other way around.

I make Litespeed and Merlin titanium bicycle frames. I do several different things there. Welding, aligning, head tube reaming and facing, seat tube reaming, blasting, decaling, quality control… I stay pretty busy.

Going back to school in about 11 days starting Pre- Pharmacy.

Im a senior in highschool. I plan on going to college and being a Jr. High or High School history teacher. I’d really like to open a hobby shop, but I dont want to move, and theres no market for it where I live.

Im currently employeed at Taco Bell and hate my job

Out of sheer professional curiosity, what do you use to weld titanium

I would love to get me a GTAW or a GMAW machine to weld titanium but I don’t have that much cash.

I’m a senior in high school, and I’m going to be going to college to get a bachelor’s degree in computer programming, which is gonna be used for video game programming :slight_smile:

I would think a SMAW with a hard surface stick would be the most practical

poker pro which i wouldn’t recommended to anyone. i found poker at an early age and i was good at it, had a dad that pushed me more towards playing when i would be down or depressed… went to college, never found anything i really liked there or could keep my attention, got a degree in general studies… so poker kinda messed me up on that one. i am going back to school this year though. i do enjoy it. just is kind of a stress sometimes.

I started out wanting to dance at Chippendale’s. That fell through for an odd array of reasons and I ended up teaching cultural anthropology and researching development projects.

I was not aware that you could weld titanium with an arc welder. But if you can I’m gonna do some awesome project as soon as I get the money (considering the price of titanium that won’t be soon)

I’m a bronze level certified Hyundai Dealership technician. (Hyundai Mechanic)
I’m currently back in school knocking out my pre-reqs for a mechanical engineering bachelor’s or master’s. DO NOT become a mechanic if you know anything more than algebra and basic chemistry, or enjoy math, science, basically anything intellectual. They will be unmerciful until you can pretend to be as dumb as they are. (My shop is much much better than most, and they still think I’m retarded for taking calculus and going back to college)

Sorry to be a knowitall… but any welding that uses electricity is called arc welding.