How do you get over your new-yoyo-scratchphobia?

LOL yeah… it is true later a can look back at all the things that happened around the time of the ding, I performed in a talent show where I yoyoed and danced and at the very end I dinged my brand new yoyo (it was a cheep magicyo t5 but still new and shiny. :P) The perfoamance was awesome though I get a huge! knot on the first trick I did with my yoyo! XD I was so glad I had the dance to do so it wasn’t a fail and my dad undid the knot and I got to use the yoyo again! XD

With in a month later my new $10 yoyo a two dings larger then I have ever had on a yoyo before! XD darn 5A! XD

You don’t know me then do you.

2 Likes

Cmon, someone post Steve Brown’s video already.

Oh I cringed the whole time!!! XD

So true, and another reason why the stuff on your BST doesn’t last very long. :smiley: I have declared myself finished with the BST, except for your BST and a few others. :smiley: There are a lot of people who engage in the second hand market, who really appreciate those who make some effort to care for their stuff. I’ve purchased some throws with minimal damage too, if I intended to play it anyway. But, I still like even my played stuff to have a lot of visual appeal left. After all, it makes total sense to me that if you buy something with a nice shape, blast and color, that you’d prefer it to stay that way. I guess it can be all in how you view these toys from an artistic perspective, and how visual a person you are to start with.

I cracked up at the name of that Gnarwhal. :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I totally agree we want to keep them looking nice (heck yoyos are expensive one reason we bye it is be cause it looks nice! XD) But just cause the yoyo gets a ding or get Beat Doesn’t mean the yoyo doesn’t work anymore. And if people stop Protecting there throws then collectors will never exists because non of them lasted long enough!

Those of us who aren’t scratchophobics also snatch up previously-loved yoyos. I’ve seen plenty of times that the buyer says, “Looking for ____… a little beat is preferred.” Not just acceptable, mind you, but preferred.

The non scratchophobics can get a $120+ (new) yoyo that plays identical for like $40. Otherwise you can buy a mint (but still used) one costs $90.

If you just like playing yoyos and not necessarily keeping them (which is a whole different thing!), that’s the better deal. Because the “one ano-breaking ding and a few light scratches” yoyo will still be worth $40 when you go to re-sell it. Mind you, I’m a weirdo and I can’t handle not paying my “rent”, so I will sell on the $40 for $30 or $35 so that the next person’s eyeballs pop out of their head at the crazy deal they just got. :wink:

Not saying there’s not a large market for mint. There is. Just saying that scratched-and-cheap yoyos sell just as fast to a different market.

Same exact yoyo, same price? The less damaged one will win almost every time, though. Unless the other one has a legendary pedigree of smoothness. :wink: