Homer Yos - Community Inspired Designs

right…obviously there are limitations. but, is there something missing for you? i loved @TurdFerguson69’s example (i’m not a sniper either). well thought out in terms of why he wanted the material, size and dimensions… and that’s not the first time i’ve heard his needs mentioned :thinking:

2 Likes

My ideal yoyo right now would be made of walnut. I’m a huge fan of modern 0A, but I like to loop as well, so I’d love to see a modern high quality wooden yoyo on the more old school side. Less butterfly, more SB-1/proyo, skinnier catch zone, organic as possible. I really like drilled holes response, and 56-58 mm diameter on a responsive throw. Other than that, I’m not really sure. I’d have to get some hands on experience with what I’m imagining. I might need a heavier/more dense wood for the shape I have in mind. Who knows…

2 Likes

My ideal yoyo would be fitted with a micro flux capacitor. Upon reaching a rim speed of 88mph, the yoyo would create a rip in the space time continuum, allowing the user to travel to any point in time. Calibration of the date would have to be done through a series of tricks. Maybe update this idea to Rick and Morty standards and replace time travel with interdimensional travel.

1 Like

Not sure how this would play but I thought this might make a fun powerful and undersized throw…

Would be your typical 2010-undersized 50mm X 41mm kind of deal.

3 Likes

shape-wise looks a lot like the NvX

1 Like

nice! great details, well thought out!

you all are providing some great insight, and it is appreciated :grin:

1 Like

honestly, i have always wanted a yoyo with two rings on the outside, for example: if the terrarian had a rim on the very far part of the edge, and on the edge that steps down to the bearing. i would love to see how something like that plays.

1 Like

why? or, i should say, what perceived effect would you be expecting? or not? another metal? what, and why?

just curious.

1 Like

thank you brother!

i cannot for the life of me figure our why you tagged me. :joy:

1 Like

input @PCaliyoyos… a voice. curiousity. do you have a homer?

1 Like

if i’m understanding you correctly, no i don’t. if i’m not, i don’t know ftw your talking about. :joy:

@TurdFerguson69 i love your design. what is your rim thickness? also, the concentric circles in the center, are they functional or aesthetic?

oh wait i hadn’t read the post above. you asking if i have a yoyo for myself?

1 Like

i’d probably have a V shape 54mm Monometal design. if i did an engraving, it’d be small. as for colorway, probably pink, or some galaxy type thing.

Edit: C size bearing, bead blasted grind finish.

1 Like

there we go @PCaliyoyos, i knew we could get something out of ya!

1 Like

been thinkin’ up some designs recently, so i had an idea. :wink:

1 Like

OH and rim weight.
Edit: i’d go for a very light 50-62 gram yoyo. and 19mm slim pads.

1 Like

The grooves where just for fun. I enjoy the flat hubs but wanted it to still be unique. Could still put a sticker on it or fill each with different paint. I don’t think they could machined that thin but I know nothing about machining.

I can send you cross section later if you want.

I have ideas of marketing and promoting this yoyo. I also think testing it with D and A bearings could be interesting.

1 Like