Hi Folks - New Old guy with questions...

The PSG is on the way to ya sir… enjoy!!! ;D

My kid and I did had the same sore arm when we first started. ;D

1 Like

Another vote on the kitty string! Or some Ammo… That stuff is soft and lasts.

I went cheap and ordered the YYE bulk 100 pack in Green/Purple/Black… I also splurged and picked up a YYJ Classic in White.

I’m already planning on putting myself on a “throw allowance” so this new habit doesn’t get out of control… :wink:

Good idea! Keeps the wife happy :wink:

We already do the “funny money” thing for our budget. It just so happens that I tend to spend it all on yoyo. :wink: Last time I saved up a chunk, I got a Sigma 17-85 lens for my Canon.

Hey Escher! Welcome to the scene! I dont have much to say about how to start because Studio and Greg already pretty much summed up what’s best to do, so all I really had to say is welcome :stuck_out_tongue:

OH, and do you work at the observatory that you linked to in your description? Because if so, I’m from Michigan as well and maybe someday I could head out to Fenton and visit!

1 Like

You guys are in your 40s. Your young whipper-snappers. I’m in my 50s and just started yoing. Juggling lead me into it. I play the mandolin and ukulele. Why when I was your age I would have to walk back & forth to school through shoulder deep snow, up hill both ways :smiley:

I like the candy wires and kitty string over yye to . it’s only a couple of bux more .

The Obs in my sig is my personal observatory I installed last year…

You are more than welcome!

Shooot…

With all these pickers 'round these parts we should sit down and have ourselves a right proper hootenanny!

And your pro pic is an 18 year old girl lol

She is the only pro that I know of. In the one video of hers that I seen she said she was older then that but so what any way. I may have to quit coming here. I’m always getting wrongly attacked.

Nah - dont quit coming here… we old guys just arent used to forums… its generational…

You should come to an Astronomy forum sometime - talk about a bunch of pretentious egomaniacs… Once the physicists start babbling on and on you want to shoot yourself.

1 Like

I’m quite certain yoyospirit didn’t mean anything aggressive by that. :wink: And in the unlikely event that he did, don’t stop coming around on account of that!

1 Like

Nemyo: Where are you located in MI?

I wasnt joking in my other posts about getting lessons… I’d seriously be up for meeting up with some folks to make sure I’m learning correct technique at the start…

And the Observatory thing - that goes for anyone local - if its going to be clear, drop me a line and I’d love to have you out to the observatory…

Right! Who doesn’t think Ann is a cutie? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me mic it up and make a concert out of it(and a recording)!