new guy asks for help

So, I have been yoyoing for bout… one month on a horrible, no sleep time, starburst return yoyo. so, i got a dark magic II and im wondering if that was a stupid idea. on my fail yoyo i could do a few tricks, brain twister and back, then my only string broke and im bored till my DMII gets here, along with 10 100% polyester. please tell what this yoyo nooblet needs to know!!! and dont hold back!!!

Well the fact was that it doesn’t really matter because you already made you desicion, but if you insist, i wouldn’t say it was good or bad. I doubt you needed one this early, and I don’t think your “fail” yoyo was quite as “fail” as you think it was, but the DMII is a pretty good yoyo. But I wouldn’t really worry about it because that’s not going to change anything. Worst case you quite yoyoing and have to sell it on the bst.

thanks, I gave the yoyo to the best guy i know he couldnt get the thing to sleep for 10 secs even!!! on his yoyo he can get upwards of a minute!!! (plus this was a dollar store trans-axle)

The DMII is a great yoyo. Although in my personal opinion you should have went with an affordable plastic yoyo first. Not for anything specific, but it wouldnt have hurt to get used to all the tricks and the returns with a plastic one.

Like mentioned above, if yoyoing really isnt your thing you could always sell it. Also, you should watch some vids on binding and dealing with unresponsive yoyo’s.

And remember, its all about having fun :slight_smile:

i has the dm1 not bad yoyo but not the best same with dm2 i would have got a tom klutz rocket if i was u take it slow and smooth k bud have little nublet

Some dollar-store yoyos are quite bad, so it may have been holding you back.
DM2 was a good decision. You will not be disappointed.
With practice, you will be able to get 5+ minute sleep time on DM2 with the speed bearing (but probably just 30 seconds when you are still learning).
Before you throw it, make sure to check around the yoyo for any flaws, anything loose, anything sticking out (such as a poorly centered or scrunched up response pad). Admire the workmanship, then enjoy your DM2!
If you bought the DM2 for looping, you might have a tough time.

Your starburst yoyo may be better for looping.

Dm2 are great yoyos to learn on

Just have fun and play responsive

Well I alredy have an affordable plastic yoyo that is quite horrible. you know, from the dollar store. It was impossible to keep it going on a trapeze. as soon as it hit it died lol. hopefully my dm2 comes tomorrow

Like someone mentioned above, if the yoyo is going to be used for strings tricks then you made a great choice.

After all, its all about personal preference.

The yoyo doesent make the player :smiley:

obviously but it helps :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe more string?

By cheap plastic we did not mean a crappy dollar store yoyo, i was thinking something more like this YoYoJam – YoYoExpert

either way my DMII is here ;D

lock topic

1 Like