Hey everyone. Need some help picking out a serious throw.

Is the Armenent stable ? Spins long?

Check out my review of the Armament or Vic Von Boom’s review as those will probably answer your questions on it.

Nice review ! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Thanks, I hope it was helpful :slight_smile:

The Genesis… Can you put side effects on that ? One version of it comes with hubstacks

The YYF Genesis? No I don’t believe any version of the Genesis uses the Side Effects system. For those most part the One Drop yo-yos are your option for Side Effects (although there are a few exceptions I believe, although I can’t recall what they are)

How about the cyborg 2.0 or the cyborg ?

I generally stay away from YYF stuff after a less than good experience, so I can’t say But, the Cyborgs do look decent. The Aviator line is also supposed to be good.

I’ll stay away then

Well I am not saying you need to avoid them, more why I myself can’t really give you any real opinions on YYF throws. Plenty of other folks around here quite like YYF and could give you better advice regarding them :slight_smile:

Idk I kinda want to pick outside the box anyway

I have a B grade flow, which I’m still trying to figure out why it is B grade. I was told it was B due to vibe, if so, great, the yoyo works for me.

I highly recommend the flow, size & weight are almost perfect. I think the Flow is able to hold its own against any of the throws I own, including a YYF Dream Ti, Valor and Electric Flash. The Flow can play fast or slow, unlike the Downbeat, it doesn’t feel like as much work to make the Flow play fast. It has a nice IGR for thumb grinds and, the finger & arm grinds work well with the blast finish. My son can fingerspin the Flow quite well, I’m still working on that skill.

1 Like

No side effects for the genesis unfortunately.

Wow French that’s a bold statement. You seem pretty confident in the flow. How is the spin time and stability ?

Sorry for the long delayed response. While spin time is related to skill, I didn’t have issue when I was an almost raw beginner and purchased the Flow. As I have improved, so has the Flow :slight_smile:

I did replace the standard flat bearing with a Terrapin Delta 10 ball (string centering). I really don’t know that it improved spin time, but, it does help keep the string centered.

The Flow is stable, enough so that it is the only yoyo I have used for competing (I’ve only done 3 competitions). I feel comfortable with it, and it hasn’t let me down (I wish I could say the same for my skills).

I recently got a Spin Dynamics Alter Ego, it is still growing on me. I’m surprised at how different it feels than the Flow, but, how ready it seems to do whatever you want it to do. So many players are posting crazy videos with the Alter Ego, I know it is capable. Then, you see Dietz, Kapinos, or any of the Spin Dynamics team throw it, and you see how good that yoyo really is.

Sorry for the long winded response. Now to throw another option: the Amplified Return Top Shout! Another great throw from a very small company. Like Spin Dynamics, designed and made in the USA. Stable, fast or slow, comfortable.