Hey everyone. Need some help picking out a serious throw.

Just getting back into it the yoyo world. If anyone could help with some opinions that would be great! :slight_smile: 110$ to spend. Also I know how to bind. So I’m looking for a unresponsive yoyo. Not looking for a big diameter. I have a horizon and it’s ok but a little too big.

And opinions is all you will get. Approximately 1 million of them.

Seriously, just pick anything you want in the price range.

It’ll be fine.

He speaks the truth. Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. I’ve yet to find a bad (for me) yoyo from what is sold here.

The others are correct in that for that price you probably would have a hard time going wrong.

You might be able to narrow it down a bit if you told us some additional details. Do you have a preference in shape, or feel (want more casual heavy or lighter fast), etc?

I just grabbed an MFD Tri-B which is awesome and about in that price range, although you would have to wait for the next restock. Also, the G-Squared Marvel is in about that price range and they are about to be restocked and I have heard great things about it (and hoping to snag one myself).

Anything by One Drop in that range will be amazing as well.

But again, as the others have said, the options in that range are almost endless.

1 Like

Yoyofactory Cyborg 2.0

Aluminium Dream.

2 hot or Czech point.

1 Like

The Rebellion Qilin is supposed to be absolutely fantastic, and at a pretty nice price that’s easy to recommend.

yoyofficer just released a new bi-metal called the Rave for like $99, and people have been raving about that one also.

At $110, everything is going to be able to handle anything you could throw at it.

1 Like

I was actually going to get the tri B but it’s now out of stock. Basically I’m looking for a long spin and very stable.

Thanks Johnny and myst. I’ll check those out. I really appreciate it

The g square marvel looks insane ! Another one I wanted to buy but out of stock.

You won’t have to wait very long since there is a restock coming very soon. Not exactly sure when of course, but it appears that the second run is complete and will be hitting the YYE in the near future. It might not hurt to wait if you like the look of it :slight_smile:

It’s very difficult to choose. Is there any particular one drop you would recommend ? Those side effects look nice.

I should probably be more helpful and give you some specific recommendations.

If your looking for a serious throw, consider the Yoyofficer Rave. It’s 100 dollars and one of the better bimetals out there. The Hatchet 2 or Nifty from Yoyofficer are also worth considering and a bit lower priced.

I would also highly recommend the 2Sick Queen. It looks amazing and has a great feel during play that can’t be beat.

If you have your heart set on a OneDrop yoyo, I would highly recommend the Gradient. It has so much class.

1 Like

I currently own the OD Downbeat, Gradient, and 54. Of those the Downbeat is my favourite followed by the 54. The Gradient is a good throw with a more aggressive design, but I haven’t really taken to it as much. To be fair though, that is because I bought it at a time when my preferences were still in flux, and I have settled on shapes that tend more towards pure V and O shapes.

The 54 is great but considered an older style of designs. The Downbeat is amazing but it is a bigger and heavier throw which based on your original post you may not care for. Plus it is better for slower play and just having fun, but that might not be what you are after.

Another way to go might be to buy a couple of the OD Benchmarks. I have heard they are decent throws and you could get two of them for the money you are talking about. That would allow you to get different shapes as well.

If you want a single One Drop for the money then the DANG, the Cascade, and the Markmont Classic would all be worth considering.

I’m glad you decided to help me out glen! Thank you

You’re very welcome! I should have made some suggestions in the first place.

The Onedrop Markmont. Classic, G-Squared Aftershock and Turning Point Shake come to mind.

Markmont. Classic: Has an exquisitely unique feel, its “fun factor” is unmatched by any other yoyo. Side effects are awesome for customisation.

Aftershock: Excels at horizontals, great finish, stability and manoeuvrability are great.

Shake: Among the three, I’d say that the Shake spins the longest and is the most stable. There is one downside though: It can feel pretty bland and boring after awhile.

1 Like

What’s your go to yoyo glen? And yours too cyber ?

I will definitely check those out.

Yoyofficer Quash.

Hoo boy, that is tough one. Of the yo-yos I listed earlier, if I could only take one yo-yo with me I would probably grab my Downbeat just because of its relaxed feel and fun factor, but bear in mind that is purely a subjective opinion.

Of my faster yo-yos, right now it would be a toss up between my Tri-B and my Armament.

Sorry, that probably didn’t help at all, and of course that highlights the dilemma. There are just so many good yo-yos out there, and many of them add something different to a collection. It is hard, for me at least, to point at a single yo-yo that covers all of my bases :smiley: