HELP: MY YOYO IS SLANTING!

alright, so i just got my recrev carbon in the mail today. its great and i love it, but everytime i throw the string ends up on the side of the yoyo and it dies out in like 30 seconds. is it my throw, the bearing or the axle? i think something is up with the yoyo but im not sure. Please help!

More than likely.

but i have to unscrew it, and then recenter the string onto the bearing. even after the straightest throw the string ends up being stuck on the right side -.-

As long as the string is on the bearing you are fine. It doesn’t need to be in the center.

thats not that true because the string rubs up against the side and causes it to die out fast, which is the problem im having right now

mostly all my yoyos have the string on one side since I don’t bother centering it, and I still get straight throws that last a while. so trust them when they say it’s your throw, now I’m not saying that your completely wrong but try improving your throw before trying to fix/modify your yoyo.

Is the yoyo tilting slightly? That will cause it to rub more than if the yoyo is straight. If it’s straight it won’t rub enough to make a difference.

Edit: Like pinhead says, the string doesn’t really stay centered most of the time, even with a good throw.

I can for sure tell you that it’s not the yoyo unless the string is slipping beside the bearing. Then that is a problem. Other than that work on your throw.

then how can i tell if its slipping beside the bearing? it usually just stays on the right side of the bearing, however it moves out if i let the yoyo spin at the end of the string after a weak throw.

also, it uses general yo thin hat pads, where can i buy replacements if i ever needed to?

is it slips between the bearing it will become very responsive. and for the response pads you can buy them here General-Yo Response Pads – YoYoExpert

thats what happens it slips in between and 1 little tug gets it to shoot into my hand. what should i do?

What he means is if the string is slipping between the bearing and the shell. That does not seem to be the case because it would become very responsive as pinhead noted. or this to happen there needs to be a small space between the bearing and the shell that the string might slip into.

If this is happening, then you need to make sure there’s nothing on the bearing seat that is keeping the yoyo from tightening properly. Also, if you are getting 30 seconds of spin, this is unlikely to be the problem. You’d get none. It would return immediately.

well if it spins at all then no its not falling in between the bearing and shell, but if its tug responsive that means you need to wear out the pads it may take same time but just play with it for some time then it should be unresponsive.

alright well i’ll play around with it, and see if anything changes. i guess its just a matter of time and see if anything breaks in.

thanks for all your help guys! ;D

if it has a wide gap, you might need a center trac or KK.

Ummm, not really. :wink:

You either have really thin string (unlikely), or you aren’t screwing the yoyo back together all the way. Those are your most likely causes. If the string is not going between the bearing and the bearing seat, as most of us are assuming, than maybe you just need to work on your throw.

Try throwing next to a wall. By throwing parallel to the wall, it can help reinforce a straight throw, which will cure your slant.

Take the YoYo apart, and Spin teh Bearing with your Finger. If the Bearing Spins Long and Smoothly, then its Probably your Throw that needs Work on. But if teh Bearing seems Stuck, or Gridy, then its probably just the bearing, and you need to get a new one. :wink:

Why on earth has NO one mentioned this! Like, really?

but yah sounds like even this problem

can be fixed my a center track or kk.