HELP: MY YOYO IS SLANTING!

No amount of upgrading is going to cause the yo-yo to throw itself. If you spend another $15 on a KK, you will have a yo-yo with the string centered that still slants, and still only spins for 30 seconds. A couple of the most experienced throwers on this board have mentioned that it might be your throw. Before you spend a lot of money on it, practice with it for a week. If us old dogs are wrong, all it will cost you is a week, then you can throw money at it hand over fist. If we’re right, it was free, and all of your yo-yos will start working better!

Have Fun,
Java

1 Like

the kk is sort of like training wheels. If you have a bike, its not going to ride itself and you could learn after a while but its faster with the training wheels.

That’s true, provided you take the training wheels off someday. Otherwise, you’ve just created a rider that can’t ride without training wheels. I know everyone is just trying to help. All I’m saying is the thread is titled “HELP: MY YOYO IS SLANTING!”, and the bearing is not causing that. If it sleeps for 30 seconds like the OP says, the string has not slipped off of the bearing. The string not being in the center of the bearing is not causing it to slant. His throw is causing it to slant. (No offense, we were all there once).

Have Fun,
Java

ok, people have said this before. work on your throw. the carbon is a very stable yoyo that doesn’t slant much for experienced players. if what you mean is that the yoyo is slipping in the crack in between your bearing and the wall, the yoyo will shoot back to your hand, and the next throw will return instantly, untill you unscrew and fix this. if it stays on the bearing and still tilts, i will not recomend a kk or a center track. they can be considered training wheels, but they do not actually train you to do anything. they are a handicap. it could be that nothing is wrong besides the fact that your throw tilts to the right. it is not a defect with the yoyo, because you said that every throw, the string will slide right. every other throw, the side of the yoyo swiches and spins the oposite direction.

they help you till your trow becomes better from experience. more use they might be a handicap