Hello, I Am New Here

My name is Ken and I no longer yo. My first yo-yo was bought for me by my mother about 1958 or so. It was a yellow Duncan Imperial and I used it for many years. If I remember right it cost around 29 cents. Big money for a kid at the time.
I am no longer able to use a yo-yo due to my age. Over the years I have purchased many yo’s and still have them. I am hoping to sell them soon and want them to go to someone who will appreciate them.
I am going to attempt to post one photo that shows some that I have.

41 Likes

I just messaged you. Nice to meet you. Josh

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Josh!

3 Likes

Those are nice. Are you keeping a few favorites?

3 Likes

Niiice!!

That is about the time I started to yoyo, also a Duncan.

I am definitely old and my hands are going downhill but I still love my yoyos!

4 Likes

Steve,

I am really not planning on keeping any of them, but hard to let them go.

3 Likes

I used to walk the dog, rock the baby, and round the world, but really can’t now.

I have taken more then a few hits to the forehead over the years but was always able to carry on.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Beautiful collection you have there!

5 Likes

Hey Ken…. Welcome back! You never stop throwing…… I’m 68 and I still toss when able!!
Still comes my soul enough to allow me to think and solve my life’s issues……:face_with_diagonal_mouth::pray::heart::+1:

6 Likes

You have a great collection…. You should be put in touch with the yoyo museum & doc pop maybe….?

4 Likes

A few more of my yo-yo’s etc.

16 Likes

A few more. Note some of the photos overlap each other and may show the same yo-yo twice.

Some of these are fairly recent reproductions.

I think that is all for today!

Ken

16 Likes

Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection, and welcome!

3 Likes

Thanks all for the welcomes! Much appreciated.
Will try to wrap-up my photos today. First are mostly repro’s.

And miscellaneous.

That about covers it. I hope I have not bored everyone!

12 Likes

Good age, 68 - I just got there yesterday myself!

8 Likes

I guess I stepped on some forum rules, my error. Many of my yo-yo’s are kept up high and I have some difficulty with ladders, but have done a quick re-shoot or my yo-yo’s. My apology for not abiding by the rules.

Uploading: 100_4810.JPG…
Uploading: 100_4811.JPG…

Uploading: 100_4814.JPG…

Uploading: 100_4818.JPG…
Uploading: 100_4819.JPG…

I hope I got all of them downloaded here.

Ken

6 Likes

Wow those are rare i love em. Hi im jeff

1 Like

Not in 1958 and more like $1.29, but my first Yo-Yo was a Yellow Gold metal Imperial as well. Took all my net worth to purchase it. Still have it some 50 years later.

3 Likes

Hello Jeff! I mostly bought them a couple here and a couple there. never occurred to me that they would be collectable some day.

Bill F

Wish I still had my original Imperial. I really liked that yo-yo. I grew up in a small town of about 20,000 people, and Duncan Company, as far as I remember, never had a tournament there. I was not good enough to compete, but I sure wish I could have watched some yo-yo competitions.

4 Likes

Don’t know that you broke any rules. As far as I can tell you’re just showing what you have.

6 Likes