Heaviest yoyo, That you have tried

Mine was the Yoyojam Theory. Keep in mind the difference between weight distribution and weight listed on the website. (I see a lot of yoyos where the weight labeled varies from site to site so i will say it is an estimated weight).

Based on the quote above, are you asking what is the heaviest yo-yo one has tried? Or the heaviest feeling yo-yo a person has tried?

For example… if a yo-yo weighs 90 grams, it weighs 90 grams. Weight distribution does not change the weight of a yo-yo. Just the sensation of more or less weight ‘feel in play’.

…So are you talking about technically on the scale heavy yo-yos?

Or yo-yos that ‘are’ heavy, but feel even heavier when you play them?

either one, I have people tell me 70g yoyos play like yoyos in the 60s range, and other people tell me that the speedaholic xx plays extra light even though it is 66g (it does play light imo)

1 Like

Spark-o-matic 5000, 161.1 grams of titanium. Its like throwing an actual steamroller.

Thunderberry and pomelo for scale:

20 Likes

Lol, let’s tie a string to a stick of titanium. That’s awesome

3 Likes

Bruh that yoyo probably sounds like a Chinese Gong when dinged on the ground.

2 Likes

It’s very dense feeling, D bearing, super thick rims. It has a very deep hum and ring when struck and moves like a bloated water buffalo. Which is good, because otherwise it would be absolutely terrifying to throw. Doing tricks feels like doing them in slow motion.

4 Likes

I felt that the HSPIN Pyro was heavy at 71.7 grams but the Spintastics Eclipse at 84 grams (full weight ring complement) was the heaviest I’ve owned.

4 Likes

The project sabre was def one of the densest ove thrown but i loved it.

And the eclipse can be scary! It has always felt like a yoyo that wants to hurt me.

2 Likes

Turning Point Ordinal 1, it’s awesome.

8 Likes

The heaviest feeling yoyo I have played was the 78g Collapsar proto. It plays like how I thought the production Collapsar would play. The production version is pretty good for speed if you don’t do horizontal actually, but this one is better to just chill out with. It can be fatiguing to use but I enjoy it a lot. I have played heavier yoyos but they were all very large so they don’t feel so heavy to play.

5 Likes

I really like the heavy turning points, the ordinal 1, collapsar and MSG just won’t stop, and can really move.

5 Likes

250lbs Baby!

17 Likes

Walk the dog.

1 Like

Dif e yo monster. 100 grams of pure bliss. I love that brands like turning point are making heavy yo-yos a bit normal now. If anyone gets the chance to play a kiwi or collapsar do it, so much fun and different from the light weights of today.

8 Likes

I’d have to try a 100g yoyo to give an opinion but even 67-68g seems heavy or heavy enough to me these days. Does a 100g yoyo require a special, stronger string?

2 Likes

Nope, I just use normal bulk stuff on it fine as can be. Definitely worth a try, it’s not for everyone, but I’m sure glad I tried it! Dif e yo has a whole line of heavy stuff for like 60 bucks a throw so it’s not super expensive to try.

2 Likes

Buzz-on C note was around 100g, I threw it at 08 SCR contest

5 Likes

I do not have it any longer but it was a 98 gram Ebony wood fixed axil by Monarch Exotic Wood YoYos in the late 1990s, I have tried to find pictures on the internet or a web site, with no luck. I believe some one told me in the 90s the person that ran Monarch Exotic Wood YoYos was old and the company may not have survived long enough to have a digital foot print. Would like to know if anyone remembers this company or has some of the throws from them.

3 Likes